Honored Contributor

Re: Would you get married again?

After all this time I would say no.  You get use to being by yourself and I do not want to cook meals.  Yes, you do get set in your ways (both the man and the woman) and I do not feel like adjusting my time around someone.  If he was filthy rich I might think about it but then we could have a cook.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It would depend on the circumstances. I thought I would never find true love after my divorce and found the love of my life so I would be open to it  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been married almost 43 years.  But I would not remarry--there's no reason to do so.

Respected Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 NO I would not remarry, nor will I ever own another dog.  I have been married for 37 years and I would not start over training either one again!

Valued Contributor

I thought I might be the only one,to say NO, but I was delighted to see how many other posters agree with me👍👍

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666  I like you have been married a long time...for about 44 years. We are both mid 60's. I really doubt I would marry again.  I am not a real needy people person...lived for many years my self prior to getting married. I do not NEED someone to make me  whole.

Of course, no one knows how they would feel about this situation until the situation arises....not one I really want to think about...too 😔 sad.

what my husband would want to do is his choice. I would want him to be happy...and if getting married again was that, than yes....he should. 

After I am dead and gone, I could care less about money or stuff and who gets what. DH and I have no children or family so we just enjoy spending our money on us and giving to charities that we enjoy. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I lost my husband almost 2 years ago.  For almost all that time, my answer was a firm no.

But I have kind of changed my feelings on that in the last few months.  Evolving feelings, working through the grief, I guess.  I am "only" 66 years old.  I think I would really love to be in a relationship again, if I found the right person.  I really miss having someone to share my life with.  Not just anyone. They would have to be really special, but I am open to the idea of a new relationship and we'd have to see if it went beyond casual relationship.  

@gidgetgh ((Hugs))❤️ Sent to you

Honored Contributor

Pass !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@~k~  Sending ((hugs))❤️

Honored Contributor

No, I wouldn't. I have been married to my High School Sweetheart for almost 42 years, have grown daughters and grandchildren. He has spoiled me, so no... I would just be Thankful for what I had!!!