Honored Contributor

Re: Would you get married again?

No.  I don't want to be on uncertain ground.

Honored Contributor

Nope!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I divorced back in the mid eighties and said never again. Too bad I didn't listen to myself. Did it again after living with #2 for 6 years. Within 2 years it was a done deal. I've been alone since 1995. That was the end for me.

Trusted Contributor

Most men will remarry, as they need companionship.

Would I? Never say never, but I doubt it.

I would certainly want to protect myself financially, at this point.

Truthfully, I'd probably appreciate a companion with separate households....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lost my husband almost 2 years ago.  For almost all that time, my answer was a firm no.

But I have kind of changed my feelings on that in the last few months.  Evolving feelings, working through the grief, I guess.  I am "only" 66 years old.  I think I would really love to be in a relationship again, if I found the right person.  I really miss having someone to share my life with.  Not just anyone. They would have to be really special, but I am open to the idea of a new relationship and we'd have to see if it went beyond casual relationship.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

A co-worker once said she only took out enough life insurance to cover her funeral expenses. (her children were long married and on their own

She didnt want her husband living large remarried to a younger 2nd wife.

no i personally would not remarry . no no no !  

@CatsyCline 

Wow!  Talk about a control freak .... trying to control her husband from her grave?   I hope she was making a joke.  

Honored Contributor

When most people marry in their 20's, they are learning about each other, and life, as they go along.  New habits and preferences are created.  Often, children come along and creating stability is important for the kids.

When people marry later in life, they have a lot of baggage and can be "set in their ways".   We all have baggage.   I think it's harder to develop a deep relationship later in life ... but certainly NOT impossible.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, as long as I could marry the same man TWICE!

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely NO.  We made to 50 years and 2 months when he died suddenly.  That was 3 years ago the end of May.

I said never then and I still say never.

He was a really good and kind man, a great father.  I don't elieve in lightning striking twice. Too many creeps walking around.  Also, dating at nearly 72, no thank you.

Respected Contributor

No Way! I do not have the time or energy to adjust to a new person in my life. I am an introvert. I much prefer my own company to that of others.

I have always thought my husband would outlive me. He says he is not interested in having a new person in his life either. He is more social than I, so I guess time will sort it out for us/him.