Honored Contributor

Re: Would you continue to patronize a business that is only friendly to their friends..?

If they are selling stuff I want to buy, I'd probably continue to shop there.  I don't find "being friendly to others" to be offensive.  

Who knows ... I might even become one of their "friends."  

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you continue to patronize a business that is only friendly to their friends..?

@sidsmom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

So funny.

Are we still in Junior High?

How this would affect a mature adult is baffling to me. 

Most people don't enjoy being mistreated.

Most people don't like to feel that they're an "outsider."

Did that clear it up for you?

‘...mistreated..?’

Wow...we might want to read up on the history of social

mistreatment...especially in eating establishments. 

Let’s start with the 60’s where Africian Americans had  to

eat separately.  Read up on that....then we’ll talk about being

’mistreated’ by idle small talk chit-chat about the weather, etc.

🤦‍♀️

Then again we might not... Not everything boils down to being relative to a worse situation... The OP is allowed to have her feelings, which have absolutely nothing to do with de facto discrimination of the 1960's...

As long as she's being treated with some level of consideration, which each and every customer might expect, perhaps she has no legitimate gripe, but if 'non-preferred' customers aren't receiving pleasant and timely service because the staff are too busy playing favorites, that's a whole other matter...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

@

@cactusgal wrote:

minions-stupid-people.jpg@msh8970 How about this option Lol!!

@cactusgal   Love it.

But that don't work.....I've tried, wish it did.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

So funny.

‘...mistreated..?’

🤦‍♀️

Oh, I see.....so the OP isn't entitled to her feelings because of who she is or isn't?

Wow.....so no matter what happens she isn't entitled to feel hurt, rejected, or anything else because YOU assume she isn't AA?

Oh my God...................!!!  How ludicrous. And BTW, how do you know she isn't?

It is sad that so many people see things so divided today.  Anyone who feels hurt and rejected deserves sympathy.  If we don't extend that to "anyone" we have learned nothing from the past and things will never change.  All who see things that way are part of the ongoing problems.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

So funny.

‘...mistreated..?’

🤦‍♀️

Then again we might not... Not everything boils down to being relative to a worse situation... The OP is allowed to have her feelings, which have absolutely nothing to do with de facto discrimination of the 1960's...

As long as she's being treated with some level of consideration, which each and every customer might expect, perhaps she has no legitimate gripe, but if 'non-preferred' customers aren't receiving pleasant and timely service because the staff are too busy playing favorites, that's a whole other matter...

Of course the OP is being treated with a level of consideration.

They accept his/her money & he/she is allowed to come back

to this establishment.

They provide a service. He/she pays for said service.

Transaction completed.

The OP clearly implied it was not a service issue.

When the word ‘mistreated’ was used...that was a

whole ‘nuther ballgame. Of course there was no mistreatment.  

That word has some very heavy comparisons. 

I guess I respect that word too much to have it compared

to ‘He didn’t say hi to me’ vs ‘They wouldn’t serve me.’

No comparison. 

Regular Contributor

Op,I think it wouldnt really matter if they were not overly friendly to me if only eating there.I would like my food to be served,a clean place,good prices,good food.I dont need to socialize with the help or owners.Its a dinning place not a social club.If .I had a bit of laugh when you said he dresses like a "rock star"All I envisioned was Mic Jagger, scarves and bare chest,dancing around the dinner,posing. It seems that you feel left out,need more attention,just my read on it.Sit, eat,pay,no need to join a clique.Now it's a different story if they wouldnt wait on you,sat you near the bathroom, ignored you.Food was not ok.That would make me upset.you not getting the warm ,fuzzy feeling may be a bigger deal  on your end.MaryAnne

Esteemed Contributor

@I am stillkeeper of the    The OP said that the owner would barely even wait on someone who wasn't one of his "friends."

When I go into a diner, I like to get waited on....you're not just paying for the food, you're paying for service.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow I am sure there other Servers.Many owners dont wait tables,maybe come over to chat up people they know.I Wouldnt care if the owner didnt wait on me AS long as someone waited on me..

Esteemed Contributor

@I am stillkeeper of the   No offense but did you even read the original post?

She said, "There's a local mom and pop type coffee shop where the owner basically bends over backwards for his friends, and barely waits on the people he doesn't know....same for some (most) of his employees (who coincidentally were also his friends prior to working there, how do I know..?"

Really......I don't think the OP is carping because of who waited on her, evidently, it's because no one would.