Respected Contributor

Re: Would you continue to patronize a business that is only friendly to their friends..?

I love the Mom & Pop places but seem some lack communication skills which sometimes makes or breaks a business, there is a site yelp.com which I go to many times for anything that has consumer reviews. Sometimes good or bad reviews. I do realize some people will complain about anything. I do love Mom & Pop & they will go out of their way to please but some people take advantage too. Most are so nice and we continue to go back they have to compete with the chain restaurants. If you feel not a good place I would not go back. 

Super Contributor

Re: Would you continue to patronize a business that is only friendly to their friends..?

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi, friends, family.. guess it's all the same.. still should treat everyone like they're welcome and not an inconvenience.. 

@occasionalrain, oddly enough, his friends and a lot of his employees are well, I can see why they're in a clique.. he kind of looks and dresses like a rockstar wannabe, as do his friends and employees.. so to that end, yes, I can see the 'birds of a feather' thing.. Yes, I can see it.. But still, the feeling of inconveniencing him and his employees.. not very cool.. *shrug* 

I just think like has been mentioned, he must not need the $$$ and must just be a hobby for him.. *shrug*.. 

But also like someone mentioned, the place has a lot of potential.. But guess the owner does nto care to reach it's full potential.. So yeah, guess he does not need the money.. *shrug* Question answered.. Smiley Wink 

Esteemed Contributor

@msh8970  Seems like you answered your own question with the *shrug*. Why bother to go back when you clearly are not comfortable there? If you feel others are being treated better, go elsewhere. Problem solved. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

If you want to spend your money to be abused, just give it to me. I will abuse you for much cheaper.

Respected Contributor

There is a mini market in a nearby town that has a butcher shop with quality meats and I go there for that reason every so often. The prices are high.   You would think the cashiers would be friendly but no, they are young girls, always on their cell phones and very snarky and act like they are doing you a favor. (Unless the customer is a cute young guy.)

One completely dissed me the last time I was there. She rolled her eyes and complained under her breath. I said something to her, mentioning I was surprised the owner would allow her behavior with customers. She actually loudly hollared back at me!   I was debating posting about this interchange on Yelp,  When I went online I found 3 recent reviews all noting the rude "redhead". One stated get rid of her now. Another one said they had left the basket of groceries on the counter and walked out.

So would l go there again...maybe, though it has always been unpleasant.

Super Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

There is a mini market in a nearby town that has a butcher shop with quality meats and I go there for that reason every so often. The prices are high.   You would think the cashiers would be friendly but no, they are young girls, always on their cell phones and very snarky and act like they are doing you a favor. (Unless the customer is a cute young guy.)

One completely dissed me the last time I was there. She rolled her eyes and complained under her breath. I said something to her, mentioning I was surprised the owner would allow her behavior with customers. She actually loudly hollared back at me!   I was debating posting about this interchange on Yelp,  When I went online I found 3 recent reviews all noting the rude "redhead". One stated get rid of her now. Another one said they had left the basket of groceries on the counter and walked out.

So would l go there again...maybe, though it has always been unpleasant.

Sorry about your experience there..Kind of makes ya wonder why places keep employees like that, there must be some strange reason.. 

I can't say anyone at this place has been outright rude like you mention, but just a general feeling like I am an inconvenience.. But like others have said, the owners of places like this must not care.. You'd think they'd want good customer service to have their business flourish, and to see the owners not only tolerate but sometimes promote bad CS themselves, makes ya wonder what is really going on.. Perhaps the owner only uses the place for a hobby, perhaps there is something going on behind closed doors that the public doesn't see..who knows.. 

I used to feel kind of bad for this owner, thinking it's a shame that his business is not flourishing like it could possibly be, that it has a lot of potential, but yes, sometimes we sadly see why.. If it seems the owner doesn't care, then..No, ya can't really feel sorry for them nor do you really want to patronize them.. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't think I would go back. There are usually so many coffee shops around, I would find one that wants my business. I don't blame you for being a little bothered by it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

You could write a review on their website and mention this situation.  If the owner reads all the reviews he will be enlightened and might do something to solve the situation.  If not, I'd go elsewhere.

Good idea, just don't leave your name. Woman Wink

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

By now you probably have decided not to go back but I'll throw my two cents in anyway.  Even if the food is excellent I would not spend one more minute or one more penny in such an establishment.  If I m not treated by friendly employees or the owner and am made to feel uncomfortable I'll spend my time and money someplace else.  No, don't go back. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@msh8970 Well that's a mystery. I'd have to continue going there just to solve it. I'd analyze the friends, listen in on their conversations. What's makes them in and me out?

I agree.  The way my imagination works like a good television mystery, maybe the joint is a front for something else.  Strangers could be cops in disguise and they don't want strangers around.  Get to the mystery of it!