Trusted Contributor

Re: Would you admit?...This is you?...

No, I like to get all my housework/chores done before I can sit and relax Smiley Very Happy
Honored Contributor

Never, at any stage of my life.

Honored Contributor

That definitely was me at one time.  I was somewhat proud that I could put things off until the very last minute and not just get things done, get them done well.   When I got in my 50s,  I didn't have the energy for the mad dash.  Now I'm into planning and starting early.

Honored Contributor

Ok, when do I need to get back  to you with my answer?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never been a last minute person. Not even as a child. If something needs to be done, I want to get started and finish it with time to spare.

@kitcat51 

My siblings are very last minute people. Drives me nuts. They decide things at the last minute, and then they get all worked up & anxious about the situation. 

Honored Contributor

I work best under pressure and go very fast.  My "plate stays full", and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all.

What do "they" say...To each his own! 😉

Honored Contributor

Since retirement, I've learned to give up my Type-A-on-steroids style. I do what I want, when I want, and am fine with it. I wish I had learned this a long time ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@DesertGems wrote:

If not for the last minute...nothing would ever get done! 🤭

@DesertGems 

Nope, not even close to me. I learned in my teens to always be ready early. Riding a streetcar to school or work? Miss it, and you are late. 

Since them I have always been a stickler for punctuality, be it an event/job or just a plain ole have a cup of coffee commitment.

All the players in my 52 year Adult Hockey League knew my punctuality rules. Be late too often? You are a former player. Ice rentals are per hour, and not cheap. We had to start and finish on time, PERIOD!

My drive to work was always a half hour or more. If my job started at Midnight, I would be there at 11:30. Car trouble/traffic jam? No problem, still on time.

Nothing I plan to do, or get done, is last minute, spur of the moment. Other than my 2 Heart Attacks, for me personally, no such thing as "if not for the last minute".

That's who I have been for almost 70 years now.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I have never waited until the last minute to do anything. In school, I always worked far in advance of when assignments were due. When I was invited to social events, I knew people expected me to be late but I still was the first one to show up most of the time. I was paranoid about getting to airports on time. One time my husband and his colleague had a business trip. The colleague was one of those last-minute folks but this trip was post 9/11. The rules had changed. He was turned away even though the plane was still at the gate but ready to leave. The trip was to Europe. My husband arrived on time. His colleague had to wait a day to catch another flight.