Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you actually wear today's TSV - the Susan Graver dress?

@clista wrote:

I wouldn't be caught dead in that dreadful mistake of a dress. I thought I was the only one who thought this cold shoulder thing was hideous.  This cold shoulder is a q idea. I don,t see it any place else. The models look very uncomfortable in this.

L

It's absolutely not "a q idea".  I've seen this many times.  It's not even all that new.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The cold shoulder and cut-outs look has been around for at least 7 years and I see it everywhere. I think it's here to stay just as halters and strapless dresses are here to stay as well. I've seen them on celebrities as well as women at the gym and I've seen them being sold at Target and at Nordstrom's and everything in between. Personally, I like the style as it is not too revealing but does allow a little cooling (I'm always hot!). I think it's a nice change from dresses with full sleeves.

I'm glad that there's something for everyone.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear polyester and the cold shoulder look doesn't appeal  to me. Notice how it gaps when the wearer moves her arms. Not attractive

Honored Contributor

Where do some of you live or shop that you think cold-shoulder is a Q idea.  I really find it hard to believe that someone who actually leaves their home hasn't seen at least one person wearing something cold shoulder.

I posted in a thread yesterday that you can look at any website and find cold-shoulder tops, dresses, sweaters, even jackets.  Hundreds and hundreds of them.  Macy's alone has nearly 1,000 cold-shoulder items.  Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom have hundreds and hundreds of cold shoulder items.

If you don't care for the look, that's fine but to think only Q is pushing this is way off the mark.    

Honored Contributor

I was in a very large university city this week and saw no one wearing a cold shoulder top or dress.  I don't find it fashionable at all.  I think fashion is sometimes "hit or miss" and to me this one is a "big miss!"  I would never wear it.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Living  in southwest FL,  I see cold shoulder styles absolutely everywhere and have for quite some time.  Of course our sub-tropical climate is very conducive to any style that helps keep you cool.   Geography seems to play a role as to whether it is popular.  

Personally I like the cut/fit of her shoulder better than most I've seen in the stores.   

I ordered the animal print for an upcoming cruise.   Hopefully I will like the fit on my larger body type   

BTW:  Down here bold patterns and colorful prints aren't out of the norm either, but, might look out of place elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I would never wear it.