Honored Contributor

Re: Would you actually wear today's TSV - the Susan Graver dress?

Only with a denim jacket to cover the "cold shoulders"...then, maybe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like cold shoulder tops but like with most items it depends on the fit, fabric & person wearing it.  I see lots wearing it but I think it's more of a summer look.  I think it looks silly on a winter sweater.

I just came back from south Florida and saw plenty wearing it since it was hot out

As for the dress it didn't interest me at all since I don't wear dresses.

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I can't recall seeing anyone in real life wearing a cold-shoulder outfit.

I live in NYC and see the cold shoulder al over the place, on all ages and all body types. The sleeve covers the most unattractive part of the arm on most woman. I guess this style is popular on the coasts, both east and west and not so much in between.

I've seen plenty of women wearing cold-shoulder.  And I don't think there's anything wrong with this particular dress.  I'm not a fan of prints, but I kind of like the black.  I'm not in love with it, but I've certainly seen many, many far worse fashions on QVC.

Regular Contributor

I wouldn't be caught dead in that dreadful mistake of a dress. I thought I was the only one who thought this cold shoulder thing was hideous.  This cold shoulder is a q idea. I don,t see it any place else. The models look very uncomfortable in this.

L

Honored Contributor

I live in the DC metro area and the cold shoulder is everywhere.  I like the dresses and tops with the opening exactly like Susan had on her TSV dress.  It was just shoulder, not shoulder and drooping down the arm.  I liked the dress in black -- I cannot remember ever seeing a Susan Graver print (on anything) that I liked.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fifweg I really, really like Susan and think she is a fantastic designer. That being said, I just haven't been able to get behind the cold shoulder look in anyone's fashions ~ and I do step out of the box occasionally. That look just does not pull me in.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@clista wrote:

I wouldn't be caught dead in that dreadful mistake of a dress. I thought I was the only one who thought this cold shoulder thing was hideous.  This cold shoulder is a q idea. I don,t see it any place else. The models look very uncomfortable in this.

L

@clista wrote:

L

I think this is a one and done "fashion" idea that will not last past this summer.  People that are jumping on the cold shoulder bandwagon may end up with a closet full of out of date tops and dresses come fall and they will be out next season.  Over saturation = out of date

Honored Contributor

I really like most cold shoulder tops and this dress looked good on everyone I saw.  I don't wear dresses so I wouldn't buy it.   OP stated "I'm 60 years old, and I love fashion, and I like to think I'm cool, hip, and happening, but ... I'm not sure even a younger person would wear this dress. Most of Susan's fashions are designd for older women, and I only own a few (2 or 3) of her younger looking styles."  Well, I don't think anyone very young would be attracted to SG clothing so of course they would not wear it!  She designs for (in my opinion) more conservative older women but cold shoulder styles are quite popular among younger women as well a many older ones!  It is not a one and done style and they have been around for many years - at least 7 or 8 for sure as I have many.  QVC seems a few years late to show any cold shoulder items.  

Valued Contributor

I wonder how the TSVs for fashion are doing overall this year? Seems like a lot of trends that will be short lived styles or fashions many find ugly are in the posts each time. I hope they have better picks in the future. 

Honored Contributor

Better brace yourselves ladies; Susie has another cold shoulder TSV coming up in May.  It's a chiffon top over a tank, as if our shoulders weren't cold enough already. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment