Trusted Contributor

Re: Would you actually wear today's TSV - the Susan Graver dress?

Leah was wearing it this morning and I thought she looked great in it.  It was very flattering on her.  I think Jane is rocking that dress.  

Respected Contributor

No. No. And No.

Can not figure this one out. It is sooo not stylish in any way, shape, or form.

And that jungle print has got to be the worst of them all! Awful! Quickly followed by that animal print. Dated looking even with those ridiculous trendy shoulder cut outs that do not even go on a piece like this! Oh, let's see now, we will use the 20 year old dress pattern and add a few cutouts on this horrid printed fabric... oh please... for someone that is always ranting about updating your wardrobe... she obviously missed THAT point on this dress!! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I ❤️Susan graver' clothing, especially Liquid Knit, but I personally don't care for the cold shoulder look. I'm not getting this dress but I'm sure many of the SG ladies will. We all have different taste in style. I'm sure I've bought many items of clothing from QVC that other might think "who would wear that?!" Well, I would.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

If someone has the psysique for it, obviously many here don't, I think this is a fine dress in which to show off your assets.  Some people act like showing part of a shoulder makes one a scarlet woman.  Not!  There's a lot more than shoulders being shown these days.  I think it's a cute dress for the right occasion.  I personally love the cool, wrinkle resistant liquid knit. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's cute and I would wear it in black for sure.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I can't recall seeing anyone in real life wearing a cold-shoulder outfit.

I live in NYC and see the cold shoulder al over the place, on all ages and all body types. The sleeve covers the most unattractive part of the arm on most woman. I guess this style is popular on the coasts, both east and west and not so much in between.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

No. I wouldn't. I do not now, nor have I ever, nor will I ever find the 'cold shoulder' look even remotely appealing. I actively dislike it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I can see the dress being worn at an outdoor event, etc.  It's not practical to wear to an office.  I thought the models and hosts looked good.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I can't recall seeing anyone in real life wearing a cold-shoulder outfit.

Me either.  I didn't care for the TSV at all especially the prints.  Why can't QVC have more solid color items?  I seldom buy clothing from QVC anymore.  Also, their shoes are so expensive in my opinion plus if you have to return them it costs too much.

Super Contributor

I actually like certain cold shoulders  much better than  all the one shoulder trend tops and dresses or the strapless  seen before . Disliked all of those.So many women wearing those (even those with great arms ) Those show way too much cleavage/chest and armpits for me ...so unattractive. Not a fan really of sleeveless either ...the armpit thing gets me . Everyone has their thing they like or dislike. This SG cold shoulder liquid knit is fine by me except I would never wear those printed ones  (maybe the black and white) too much for me and I like a lot of color but not those patterns .