Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Yes, it would have bothered me.

Your nephew and his wife were there. Seems strange that they were invited, but not you...especially since you live next door.

I wouldn't doubt it if your nephew and his wife had wondered why you weren't there -- or if you had even been invited.

But I wouldn't ask him why you weren't invited.

@Daisy Sunflower- the nephew is part of a different story related by another poster not the OP.  The OP lives across the road from her brother who was hosting a birthday party for his girlfriend's daughter.

This OP did say that her nephew and his wife were there:

While most of the people invited are his girlfriend's family; I recognize cars of some of his buddies, his ex-MIL, my nephew/his wife.

Honored Contributor

It's rude.  They should have given you a standing invitation for what time of the celebration you would like to share in.

Respected Contributor

I learned a long time ago when I became best friends with a next door neighbor that I did not want to live where I could see family or friends houses from my window.   No matter how you try not to let  it, it hurts your feelings.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Yes, it would have bothered me.

Your nephew and his wife were there. Seems strange that they were invited, but not you...especially since you live next door.

I wouldn't doubt it if your nephew and his wife had wondered why you weren't there -- or if you had even been invited.

But I wouldn't ask him why you weren't invited.

@Daisy Sunflower- the nephew is part of a different story related by another poster not the OP.  The OP lives across the road from her brother who was hosting a birthday party for his girlfriend's daughter.

This OP did say that her nephew and his wife were there:

While most of the people invited are his girlfriend's family; I recognize cars of some of his buddies, his ex-MIL, my nephew/his wife.

okay. @Daisy Sunflower-pardon me

Respected Contributor

Yes, it would bother me, it's hard when you live near someone and you can tell there's a party or gathering going on and you're not included.  I don't know what to tell you, your feelings count and you can always just say something to your brother in passing.  He might just not have been thinking, guys are like that!