Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I have everyday off 😀, but when I was working before I got laid off I would cry almost every Sunday when the weekend was over. I dreaded going back to work on Monday so I would often take them off. Layoff was a blessing and a relief.

@Meowingkitty , Sunday afternoon was like a black cloud descending. Taking time off was frowned upon, so retirement is a blessing.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I have everyday off 😀, but when I was working before I got laid off I would cry almost every Sunday when the weekend was over. I dreaded going back to work on Monday so I would often take them off. Layoff was a blessing and a relief.

@Meowingkitty , Sunday afternoon was like a black cloud descending. Taking time off was frowned upon, so retirement is a blessing.

Yes it is. I got laid off and decided I never wanted to work in corporate America ever again. That was in 2014.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I could tolerate being on someone else's time constrictions. I'm so fortunate to be self-employed, set my own schedule and days or even a morning or afternoon off when I make no appointments.

I firmly believe if you hate Monday mornings or cry on Sunday that the weekend is over,you need to work or do something you love. I can't imagine waking up, getting ready to go somewhere for the week when you can't wait until Friday at 5PM. 

Honored Contributor

Schaumburg used to be the site of the biggest enclosed shopping mall in America.  I assume that's why you are going?  I was there years ago, back when I could still walk for miles.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I worked I hated Sundays knowing the rat race was a few hours away.

The thing is, even if you have a Monday off,  Tuesday becomes the new Monday.

Honored Contributor

I was so fortunate to have had positions that were wonderful and I enjoyed so much, even though some co workers were terribly negative, but that's on them.

I had a classroom where I could shut the door!

Honored Contributor

I am off June 1st and 2nd, so I have a super long Memorial Day Weekend! I have never liked Mondays!!!!!! lol... 

Honored Contributor

I took this week off.  No vacations in over a year and I need some down time even if it's  a staycation.  I had lunch and shopping with girlfriends yesterday and that was fun, just like old times.  Today, I put away the winter clothes/shoes and bring out the spring/summer things.  Then I'll watch movies.  Just relaxing and taking it day by day.  

Respected Contributor

it still is.my sister wants to go to ikea,which i could care less.im just anxious for the mall.i hope dressing rooms will be open,but not getting hopes up.i sure wish ill gov would open up everything.i would and will continue to wear a mask,even tho I am fully vaccinated