Honored Contributor

Re: Words Of Wisdom From Those With Experience.

Absolutely nothing wrong with having a beautiful wedding, aspirations of having a lovely home, great kids and a car that will get you to your destination without breaking down. 

And yes the simple act of living with someone you "love" is such a wonderful thing. It makes those hospital stays and rough times so much easier. 48 years later, I prefer to magnify the good times and how living life with someone you just cannot live without is my definition of what  marriage means to me.💕

Honored Contributor

I think the message of this meme is facing reality before marriage.

In most cases marriage is not the first paragraph.  You can dream of fancy houses and cars, but most often do not get them.  Insisting they are part of the package could be thought of as a gold digger.  

It takes two to tango and if both are not committed, the second paragraph can cause divorce.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I think the message of this meme is facing reality before marriage.

In most cases marriage is not the first paragraph.  You can dream of fancy houses and cars, but most often do not get them.  Insisting they are part of the package could be thought of as a gold digger.  

It takes two to tango and if both are not committed, the second paragraph can cause divorce.  

Going into marriage with low expectations isn't necessarily all that great either. If both parties are responsible, well educated individuals then the sky is the limit. They can make their dreams come true....together. 

Honored Contributor

The only item we have from the first paragraph is a very handsome son if I do say so myself.👍

Those who have a nice house/car good for them.  Those marriages are not always just about "things".  Some are also about caring for others in gratitude.

Who still has a picket fence anyway besides the Cleavers?🤪

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Wow! I so agree. It will be 54 yrs. for us in August!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Always love your posts and perspectives on life @hckynutjohn .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this and couldn't resist:

Marriage Status, Captions & Funny Marriage Quotes