Honored Contributor

Re: Word to the WISE Regarding Purchasing E-Gift Cards...DON'T!....

Where is anyone reading that she has a Q Card and is trying to pay her Q Card balance with E-Q-Gift Cards?

She wants the gift cards credited to her QVC account, the one she uses to buy stuff, so that when she checks out, the cost of what she's purchasing comes off the E Gift Cards.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Where is anyone reading that she has a Q Card and is trying to pay her Q Card balance with E-Q-Gift Cards?

She wants the gift cards credited to her QVC account, the one she uses to buy stuff, so that when she checks out, the cost of what she's purchasing comes off the E Gift Cards.

Perhaps it's the use of the word "credit", that's what made some of us assume she wanted to use it pay her Q Card balance.  No one "credits" gift cards.  She probably meant to say that she tried to pay with the gift card and Qvc's system wouldn't accept it.  If  that's what she meant. 

Honored Contributor

I used to buy the gift cards when they'd do the specials like if you bought a $100 gc you get a free $25 gc. That were the only times I bought one and I never had any problems with them, including the "free" ones. However, they haven't done those promos in a few years now so who knows how they are now. I just never had an issue in the past. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I used to buy the gift cards when they'd do the specials like if you bought a $100 gc you get a free $25 gc. That were the only times I bought one and I never had any problems with them, including the "free" ones. However, they haven't done those promos in a few years now so who knows how they are now. I just never had an issue in the past. 

Yes, but the difference is that we bought them for ourselves and they were automatically attached to our accounts.

The card is not attached to her account.  It is probably attached to the account of the person who purchased it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Yes, but the difference is that we bought them for ourselves and they were automatically attached to our accounts.

The card is not attached to her account.  It is probably attached to the account of the person who purchased it.

It's not "attached" to anyone's account.  You get the E-card, the gift card and you buy what you want and in the payment section, you choose Gift card....proceed accordingly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Perhaps it's the use of the word "credit", that's what made some of us assume she wanted to use it pay her Q Card balance.  No one "credits" gift cards.  She probably meant to say that she tried to pay with the gift card and Qvc's system wouldn't accept it.  If  that's what she meant. 

I don't see the word "credit".  Where did she say that?  Maybe she posted more than once, and I'm not seeing it (?)  I assumed that she simply wanted to use the gift cards to pay for puchases when she checked out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been a few years but we were able to attach the ecards to our QVC accounts for future purchases.  I think we had to activate the first one with a purchase or something.

I'm sure there is a thread on here that explained it and that's how I knew how to get it attached.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Here is the old information from the WEN forum.  Basically you have to get to a supervisor at QVC as the regular CS agents are not familiar with the process.

This came from DogLvr:

There is a trick to put them into your account on QVC. I suggest you do this. ...One of my $10 cards was not allowing me to input the amount. I called customer service the first time. We figured out which one wasn't redeemed and the CS couldn't redeem the $10 gift card either and sent a note to corporate. A few minutes later, I called CS and got a nice CS person but she couldn't help me either with this problem (which she confirmed) and referred me to Cash Star, the third party vender that sends out the Gift Cards. When I called Cash Star, CS confirmed that the card wasn't redeemed and told me this is an internal QVC problem. I asked for a supervisor, she told me she was a supervisor. LOL! She said she would connect me to QVC. I spoke to my third CS rep at QVC now. ...I asked to speak to a supervisor...I explained this going back and forth wasn't going to work and that I wanted a Supervisor. Finally, I was connected to a supervisor. The supervisor had me repeat the GC number .... Magically, she was able to redeem the gift card to my account. I said thank you but that it took about 2 hours to get this resolved. I verified that I got the credit...

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN