Honored Contributor

LOL!

Smiley MSN Emoticon 155.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

See, now I think the blue and purple eggs look like tramps.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Call me dense, but...I don't see the humor!  And I see humor in the darndest things.  I guess I've never, nor have I ever known any woman to, think "tramp" over someone's hair color or style.  Dress (or various stages of undress) yes, but never hair.  Back in the day, if we saw a woman showing too much T&A, which is now the norm it seems, my mom would say, "I wonder what she's selling."  But hair?  No. 

I'm confused by your post, since I see nothing mentioned on this thread relating 'hair' to 'tramp' and the eggs in the cartoon have no hair?

Maybe some posts were deleted?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Here's what I think~

even though no one asked lol

~To me this is funny and its not.

It's funny to me because of the eggs, but really this is how many women talk about each other.

It also reminds me of my grandmother who might have said something like this.

Tramp is kind of an old word I think, not used so much today.

And its not funny because it shows the gossipy, judgemental, mean, talking behind your back thing that many of us have probably been guilty of at some point.

And that old still timeless adage-"if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" is still worthwhile

or "Do unot others as you would have them do unto you>"

There, I guess that kind of humor-well I laughed "in spite of myself."

and

@MacDUFF~ I can commiserate-I usually am the last one to get jokes-I heard it has something to do with the way your brain is wired-same with math and which types of math you get or don't get, or if you can read maps easily or not. I like to think that may be true instead of just being the slow one in the room who just doesn't get itSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

See, now I think the blue and purple eggs look like tramps.Woman Very Happy

@Lucky Charm

and this is funny too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Women will be Women

[ Edited ]

One more thing and then I'll stop 

(getting a little carried away here)

I think the word "tramp" is funny. I can just picture how they would say it and how it would sound.

Did you ever think that a word in itself sounded funny to you and makes you laugh?

I had a friend in school who would laugh with me as we said the word pig (not in reference to anyone just the word itself) or some other word that we would say over and over , laughing while supposedly studying what we were supposed to in class.I don't remember where the teacher was-maybe it just was noisy and he couldn't hear.

"fish" was another one that had us rolling -just couldn't stop laughing.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

Call me dense, but...I don't see the humor!  And I see humor in the darndest things.  I guess I've never, nor have I ever known any woman to, think "tramp" over someone's hair color or style.  Dress (or various stages of undress) yes, but never hair.  Back in the day, if we saw a woman showing too much T&A, which is now the norm it seems, my mom would say, "I wonder what she's selling."  But hair?  No. 

I'm confused by your post, since I see nothing mentioned on this thread relating 'hair' to 'tramp' and the eggs in the cartoon have no hair?

Maybe some posts were deleted?

@KingstonsMom

I guess I connected "dye job" to "hair."  ??

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay

I know!  I hate to be the one who doesn't get the joke!  LOL

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the smile!

Honored Contributor

Ain't touchin this one.

=^..^=

hckynut{john)

hckynut(john)