Honored Contributor

Re: Woke up thinking about Thanksgiving plans - what are your's?

I will follow the guidelines, althought it looks like some here choose not to. A personal choice we all have to make. I choose to protect myself as well as others. I will look forward to celebrating the holidays with family and friends in 2021.

Regular Contributor

Eating!

Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving is not a big family holiday for us.   All of our family lives within a few miles, so we are in frequent contact with each other, and we all choose to do our own thing on holidays.   

I will cook for the 4 of us as usual, and maybe daughters boyfriends.   I am also prepared for one daughter to cook their dinner at boyfriends house.   

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Do you think it was best because no one was off doing all work and you had quality talk\listen time?

I can relate to that.

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1

💗 💗 💗
Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.  It's one where my entire family is together.  There are 47 when including my siblings and their families/grandkids, Dad and my kids and grandkids.  We won't be getting together this year.  Sad.

Trusted Contributor

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It will be very different this year. It's usually the 2nd time in the year we have a family reunion as my kids both live in different parts of the country and we get together a couple of times a year.  This year it looks like I'll be spending the day alone due to covid. We'll probably do the Zoom thing, but it's just not the same. I'm not looking forward to it this year at all.

Contributor

We will be with our family the way we always are.  We were separated for Easter and will NEVER do it again.  We need each other, and our time together is precious.

Honored Contributor

I think it was best because my Mom always had a lot of work to do and got worn out.This was very casual and one of our last together. And Mom also said it wasn't about the food,but about the joy of being together.

Occasional Contributor

Staying home for the first time in years. It will just be my son and myself. I have no idea what I'll end up making for dinner. My 87 year old father LOVES Thanksgiving and cooks the dinner every year. The only thing my mom (also 87) does is make the gravy. I know my dad wants my son and I to come this year, but my son is a middle school teacher and I can't risk him being around my parents. I'm stressed enough having him here with me because of my age and suppressed immune system. I don't need extra anxiety worrying he might get my parents sick. It's not worth it. Christmas will be the same. No visiting or parties this year. Praying and hoping next year is better.