Honored Contributor

Re: With the number of single person households increasing, why

I am single and like to cook a lot and freeze it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I've got 2 full sets of TeFal cookware years ago when Mary Beth sold double sets on CVN, most of it is in the basement so it doesn't take up space in the cabinet. What I use a lot are the 6" or 8" fry pans, the 1 or 2 quart saucepans, and I keep a small griddle nearby. If I need a 12" or 14" fry pan, it's in the basement and I can get to it, but the two 8 quart dutch ovens have been used about 4 times in 30 years. About the time they say you can fry up a dozen eggs, I'm on to another channel. And when I'm making a pancake, I don't want the pan so big I get a crepe. Some of us don't invite the whole neighborhood over. I have very little family left, and they are in another state. We talk on the phone, we don't travel any more. I made a big stock pot of soup once, and after a lot of it sat in the freezer for a couple of years, it finally was thrown out. Leftovers just aren't my thing. I cook for one or two and that's it. So,a huge set is not what I'm going to spend my money on. 

Honored Contributor

Toddlers beware at @Carmie 's house. You may end up in the porridge!

Honored Contributor

I like All Clad and Le Creuset and find the pieces I like at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Williams Sonoma and the outlets

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Not everyone is looking for the same things. Many people are still looking for large sets. And even those that don't need them or will use all the pieces, still may want a complete new set, everything matching, and get rid of all the old stuff. 

I don't think we can look at any offer and think it should be designed/packaged to suit everyone's needs. There will be the big sets for those who need/want that, and there will be small sets and single pieces for those who don't. 

Where we are in life isn't necessarily where everyone else is. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is just the two of us now with only the occasional large dinner...I have enough for pots and pans for that. Am even cleaning out my cabinets of huge ones.  Would love to see some smaller sets and also some smaller appliances; would prefer a smaller air fryer, pressure cooker, and blender. a set without the huge stewpot and chicken fryer....8 1/2 inch frypan and 10 inch pot would be ideal for my use. There are so many boomers watching QVC now I think they are missing out on a large group of potential customers. 

Honored Contributor

I can see where young, single men and women would not even have the space to store a big set of cookware or dishes. My son lives in a small condo and will not invest in cookware or a set of dishes because he simply does not have the storage space. If he invites someone over he gets take out and they use disposable plates.

Honored Contributor

it sold out......it looks like the people who bought it wanted or needed it.

i was wavering, but when i went back to get it, every color was gone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein