Valued Contributor

I was thinking about this today and thought I would share it with my friends here . 

One day several years ago I was determined to figure out how I was making MYSELF  feel unhappy, clearly I was missing something ,  I had a wonderful husband ,  everything material wise and alot more..I was doing what I wanted.But still it was not all it could have been.I really started paying attention to my words thoughts.It was very clear , I kept wishing for better weather, wishing for holidays to come quicker, wishing for the hot weather to end ,the cold.It was endless,I realized with each wish of time moving ,I was wishing the precious time I have  with everyone ,everything away...I occured  to me time  is not without end.How could I have been so foolish? So I began to make anew effort, at first I really had to make myself concious.I would find something  perfect no matter how small to begin my day  and end my day.It could be a beautiful sky ,a perfect flower even a heart shaped rock.By the time  a few weeks had went by everything seemed new,i got excited about my life again.It crept in  like morning light, unnoticed  at first. I know there are days we would never want to repeat but they shouldn't color everyday. Life had no longer become a race ,  the finish line was not to be run to but rather lived to.

I hope if you are struggling to find meaning to life,you try my soulution.You have nothing to lose.Take some time each day to wander through its beauty,really feel something. There are incredable tiny,things waiting to enrich your life. Please smile everyday, surround yourself with art ,positive reading and TV.We really are like sponges,we soak up everything..Sending you positive  thoughts, love and hugs, Maryanne 

Respected Contributor

Re: Wishing our lives away....

What a great post.. I do find myself so fixated on yesterday and worrying

about tomorrow ... I forget to enjoy today ...Definitely something to work

on....

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely beautifully said.  What a wonderful attitude you have.  Hope you are feeling better and on the road to recovery.

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi...I agree, great post! You are absolutely right. It was so refreshing to read your post rather than so many of the complaining/arguing posts on these boards. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

This is a wonderful post!  One that does make all of us sit up and take note!  It is important to enjoy all the small and good things we have in our lives!  When something negative does happen I always say thank you in my prayers for only giving me/us this!!Woman Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you😊

Contributor

Beautifully said!  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I have to work on living in the present moment, rather than what happened yesterday or worry about tomorrow! Thanks for posting,

Image result for sending hugs to a friend animated images

Super Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi

I love your post !

The true secret to happiness is  gratitude - and you have discovered it !

Being truely thankful for everyday - rain or shine - is part of it 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

I was thinking about this today and thought I would share it with my friends here . 

One day several years ago I was determined to figure out how I was making MYSELF  feel unhappy, clearly I was missing something ,  I had a wonderful husband ,  everything material wise and alot more.

I was doing what I wanted.But still it was not all it could have been.I really started paying attention to my words thoughts.It was very clear , I kept wishing for better weather, wishing for holidays to come quicker, wishing for the hot weather to end ,the cold.It was endless,I realized with each wish of time moving ,I was wishing the precious time I have  with everyone ,everything away.

It occured to me time  is not without end.How could I have been so foolish? So I began to make anew effort, at first I really had to make myself concious.I would find something  perfect no matter how small to begin my day  and end my day.It could be a beautiful sky ,a perfect flower even a heart shaped rock.By the time  a few weeks had went by everything seemed new,i got excited about my life again.It crept in  like morning light, unnoticed  at first. I know there are days we would never want to repeat but they shouldn't color everyday. Life had no longer become a race ,  the finish line was not to be run to but rather lived to.

I hope if you are struggling to find meaning to life,you try my soulution.You have nothing to lose.Take some time each day to wander through its beauty,really feel something. There are incredable tiny,things waiting to enrich your life. Please smile everyday, surround yourself with art ,positive reading and TV.We really are like sponges,we soak up everything..Sending you positive  thoughts, love and hugs, Maryanne 

@Still keeper of the koi

I have almost my whole adult life, actually my mid teens, been an eternal optimist. Looking at what is in my life, not what could be. Never been a "why me" person and never will be. 

Have made many changes in my life, but how I look at "our lives" now, and in terms of what we do have, not concern for things we do not. Have worked hard to change things in my life that I can change and spending little time on the many things that are beyond my control.

Life right now for myself, my wife and all our furry kids could not be better. All one needs to do is look around or watch a national newscast and if they fail to see how much worse so many others lives are at this time?

Until they get off the "victim mentality", I certainly would not want to live my life always thinking of myself as a victim because of fate/karma, or whatever other excuses some use to blame everything and everyone but, maybe, just maybe, their own decisions are the reason for their dissatisfaction's with life. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)