Respected Contributor

Our first snow is falling right now in the Denver area.  So pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW! What a gorgeous picture! I love that. I'm a true New Englander, I like the fall and winter. I hate the heat and humidity of the hot summer. I'm looking forward to cooler weather.

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I would be happy just to hold the hands I love on this winter night with you,and be once again with you.

Gordan Lightfoot, Song for a Winter's Night

I love Gordon Lightfoot.

Esteemed Contributor

I love winter!!! I miss the cold and snow - would love to move back north.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of winter which blows when you live in NE PA. 

I expect cold  and snow but hate extreme frigid cold, ice and getting dark at 4:30 in the afternoon. I dread heating bills this winter. I don't like doing the granny shuffle outside even when snow has been shoveled and plowing, seems there is always one icy spot just waiting to take you down.

At my age I prefer spring and fall. I don't like extremes.  There has to be a happy medium between He**'s waiting room and frozen tundra.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the quiet beauty of Winter and snowfall.  Glad to have all seasons in my world.  Fall, Winter,Summer and Spring...in order of like.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Re: Winter's coming

[ Edited ]

I like winter too! Summer heat and humidity really gets to me, I burn in the sun and my hair frizzes. I feel I am much more a winter person! Which is good because I live in New England, and not moving! Love sweaters and the fireplace. I don't mind snow but the ice gets in the way of a daily walk- oh well, Nothing is perfect! 

Honored Contributor

West Virginia is a beautiful place to live and I am thankful to enjoy its 4 distinct seasons. Typically WV winters are long and cold, but La Niña has changed what I knew to something different every year.  

Growing up on a farm you appreciate the reduced workload over the cold winter months.  I made the connection early on that the woodpile we worked on in spring, summer and fall, kept our house warm in the winter.  Those hours we toiled in the garden, the orchard, the hayfields, and with the animals, meant never worrying about food.   

Now at 67 and retired, I love being inside and looking out at the farm covered in snow, with gratitude in my heart for all the work my grandparents and my parents did that allow me to be in the only place I ever want to be!  

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting these gorgeous winter pics!  Perfect for "screen saving"