Trusted Contributor

Are you anxious for it to come?  Think of all the fun things you can do in winter or just  enjoy its coming.

winter scene6.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Winter's coming

[ Edited ]

No!  I don't mind the cold but hate snow!  Pretty pix as long as you don't have to drive in it, shovel it, or walk on it when it gets icy and slushy.

Super Contributor

I like winter too 

winter8.jpg

Respected Contributor

Winter comes with expense when it comes to heating your home....I've already had notice from the power company to expect higher cost.....

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

No!  I don't mind the cold but hate snow!  Pretty pix as long as you don't have to drive in it, shovel it, or walk on it when it gets icy and slushy.

Same here!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Winter's coming

[ Edited ]

We don't get snow here in Arizona unless you live up north so yes I am glad the cooler weather is here. Anything beats day after day of over 100 degrees. Right now at 8 am it's only 48 degrees. Feels great outside. As for heating the house we have a heat pump so it uses normal electricity.

Super Contributor

love it

snowman.jpg

Honored Contributor

Now that we are retired winter is not a big concern. We plan ahead by stocking up. We have a generator and a plow. And if we have an appt. just call and reschedule. This time of the year we are stocking up.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

@newname0  I love winter and especially SNOW! We have not had much of it these past several years, so I'm hoping for some good snow storms this year. I enjoy panic buying the day before the storm, making soup or bolognese, fire in the fireplace, impromptu snowball fights with the neighbors. DH and the neighborhood dads make sure everyone has their driveways cleared. Everyone is friendly, and we sometimes sit outside at a neighbors' fire pit and sip wine and enjoy the winter wonderland. Life slows down and hearts and hearths warm up.

Respected Contributor

I love winter! Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!❄☃️⛄🌬20221025_170211.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran