Honored Contributor

I just wanted to say they have fantastic customer service.I bought some white dinner plates from their site during a great sale with free shipping.Four of the plates had a poor finish on the bottom so I called customer service and they said to just put the box on the front porch and ups would pick it up.UPS would label it for me!They shipped another four plates to my house and they arrived in perfect shape just a couple of days after my call.I was thinking that I would have to box up the heavy plates and drive to ups but I was pleasantly surprised.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Williams-Sonoma has great customer service. I'm glad your issue was taken care of quickly and easily. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Good to know.

thanks for sharing your positive experience @dex!

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

WS is fantastic.........I recently ordered a $100 heavy kitchen appliance.  UPS delivered it to wrong address and there it sat for days.  I notified WS that I never received the appliance - they offered to ship another.  Days later nighbor found the box - I called WS to advise and they immediately offered to have UPS do a pickup of the first box - at no charge to me - they paid for all the shipping.  Appliance had free shipping...........so WS paid for shipping to me - to me again for the second box AND the return cost back for box #2.  How's that for a great company to do business with?

Super Contributor

Wow.  My experiences have been so different.  They have been so bad that I no longer deal with W&S.  They sell products they don't have in stock and charge when you place the order... not the 2-3 months later when they finally have it to ship.  And they make no adjustment when the item goes on sale while it still hasn't been shipped.  Can't imagine what the difference in treatment is due to.

Honored Contributor

@excpa maybe after a lot of negative feedback they decided to redo their policies.This is my first time shopping with them and it was pleasant so I will continue.

Honored Contributor

I have shopped with Williams-Sonoma for more than 25 years and to me, they are the absolute model of what a retailer should be.  The very few problems I have had with merchandise have been fixed quickly and fairly.  

Their products are first class--very few have been a disappointment over the years.  I count on them to supply good merchandise.  Their phone reps and store personell are always first rate.

I am sorry any of you have had problemes, but there are anomalies in any business.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner That says it all.25 years is a loyal and satisfied customer.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Sooner That says it all.25 years is a loyal and satisfied customer.

I guess this sounds silly, but with as much aswe cook (mostly from scratch) and I enjoy cooking, the store has added a lot to my life.  I have wonderful kitchen equipment that I use and enjoy.  Cooking is a task and a hobby with me.  

Honored Contributor

Its Williams Sonoma. I've shopped with them for years and have always loved their stores, items and their exquisite service! I was so sad when they moved out of my mall. I would buy so much from them when they were handy for me. I still make their cranberry sauce that I would buy from their stores. Found the recipe on-line and its fabulous. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"