Honored Contributor

Re: Will u shop in stores on Thur or Friday?

Never on Thursday -- it's a holiday and a special one at that.  I have not shopped on Black Friday for many years but if there is a certain sale on one item, I may go out for it.  We shall see.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

NO. 

Thursday is a holiday for spending time with family and friends. People who work retail, have to work and cannot enjoy the day with their families! The purpose of a holiday is to be closed and enjoy the holiday. Or why bother having one. 

Friday crowds and traffic do not thrill me either. This is my day off and a chance to stay home to do what I want and relax.Woman Very Happy

I totally agree and will not be shopping.  My DH works retail and will be gone from 3:00pm on Thursday to 2:00am Friday then again 1:30pm to 10:00pm Friday night.  He's off tomorrow and will definitely be resting up for the holiday rush. We're looking on the bright side that we have Thanksgiving morning and early afternoon together.Cat Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Contributor

No way. Besides My holiday shopping is already done!

Honored Contributor

I will be shopping on Friday after work........

Trusted Contributor

I did a black Friday about 20 years ago and have not felt the need to revisit it since!

Respected Contributor

I do not set foot in any store except a food store between Thanksgiving and New Years!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Nope, Thursday for us is family day and football.  Friday everybody  will be out jamming the stores and pushing and shoving just can't get into it.  I'd rather do my shopping a little early and avoid the crowds.  I am surprised more people don't take advantage of the sales just prior to black Friday a lot of stores offer the same discounts early on line. I do think it would be fun just to go and enjoy the decorations and a fancy coffee.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I refuse to patronize stores on Thursday! Now, there has been the odd emergency when my dh has gone to the quick mart to replace something I ruined or forgot I needed, but department stores? Never!

p.s. I also only go to Ma and Pa type stores on Friday! I can't stand the crowds and I find I get great buys and novel items! There are plenty of other days to hit the big malls!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

I have run out to stores or shops on Black Friday at mid afternoon and the places are practically empty!!  The crowds are all in the morning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually, the more I think about, it, the more I consider maybe running out later... Target doesn't open until 6 today, which is sort of a bummer... I guess this is their nod to the holiday. Not up for a mall, so thought maybe I could grab a few things there  but don't think I want to wait until 6 to head out... For a variety of reasons, we had Thanksgiving yesterday, so there's really no reason not to do something else today...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...