Trusted Contributor

Re: Will u shop in stores on Thur or Friday?

Done Xmas shopping but I do need paper, ribbon etc.  Will probably buy that on Friday. The kids want to help me wrap!!  They are excited already.

Respected Contributor

Nope.  Going to stay home both days.  Its cold and windy here and don't feel like going out.

Our Christmas shopping is almost done. Two-three items remaining to be bought aren't on sale anyway.  

Honored Contributor

I would only go out if I needed groceries.  I do not celebrate the holidays, this no need to over spend or get excited about special sales. 

Honored Contributor

Including the children,  I am hosting almost 40 people this year for Thanksgiving dinner.  By the time everyone leaves and I clean up.  It will be too late to do anything else.

On Friday, my grandkids are off from school, but their parents are working. I will be babysitting all day.

i have never shopped on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

Thanksgiving is a beautiful time to give thanks for all of our blessings.  I don't feel comfortable shopping on this day.

Trusted Contributor

Nope.  Except for buying groceries, I don't intend to set foot in a store until well after the holidays.  My major shopping has been done for a few weeks. Finished up with stocking stuffers for the grand babies today.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I would never shop on Thanksgiving Day. 

Friday, I had planned to place flowers on all my classmates graves (about 7-8), but my G-son is playing football in area playoffs. I will do my flowers on Sat. or possibly Sunday, depending on the weather. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh Mercy and h3ll no !  

Esteemed Contributor

Definetly NOT on Thanksgiving......used to like going out early on Black Friday to look around for deals, but all the rude people and crowds ruined it for me...

Honored Contributor

Heck no!  I will never shop on Thanksgiving Day.  I managed retail stores in the 70s and haven't shopped during the holidays since unless I can go at some off-the-wall time when I can get in and out.

I retired this year and now work parttime at a grocery store.  I love it.  Most people are very nice and just plain wonderful. This store pays me to laugh and talk with people while helping them.  

And then there is that percentage who whine and complain the entire time.  It's not our fault that some wait until the last minute to shop.  I know holidays stress people but they don't need to take it out on a customer service rep, checker, or  manager.

It's like people complaining when an order from Q is placed in December and doesn't arrive on time.  They waited too long so it's on them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I admit it; I probably will. I plan to go to Ulta late Thursday (if I'm home - still don't know yet) and Talbots on Friday morning. Where will you go shopping?

No.......I am old fashioned.  I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving day and too old to fight the crowds on Friday Smiley Happy  Cyber Monday is more my speed Smiley Happy