Honored Contributor

Re: Will u shop in stores on Thur or Friday?

No shopping for me.  Hanging out with the family Thursday, flying home Friday.  If I do any shopping on the weekend, it will be on the internet.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine shopping on Thanksgiving.  I can't wrap my head around it.  It seems like Thanksgiving isn't a major holiday in some parts of the country now.  Even if stores here were open on Thanksgiving, I wouldn't be in any of them.  And you won't see me in any stores on Friday either.  I leave that for others.  The day after Thanksgiving is traditionally a family day for us.  Leftovers, movies and going through the Christmas decorations. 

Respected Contributor

Will not be shopping. I never did. I have a friend who shops on Friday. She does not go home until her shopping is done. More online shopping for me.

Honored Contributor

@turtlelgk wrote:

Will not be shopping. I never did. I have a friend who shops on Friday. She does not go home until her shopping is done. More online shopping for me.

@Catiele

I have a friend in California who does that also.  She maintains she enjoys it!!

Honored Contributor

No shopping on Thursday for me, but my sister and I will be at a local mall at the relatively civilized hour of 7:00 AM on Friday. We always make a day of it. I've already made our lunch reservations. I always finish up my shopping on Black Friday. We have a great time. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Nope, and no movies either.  I like to stay home with my family, relax, eat, and get out Christmas decorations.  I may do a little online shopping though.Woman Happy  Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No, absolutely not.  Never have ... never will.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually find something online. Yesterday, I brought a new cable modem from Amazon. It came same day with Prime. I will setup it up tomorrow.

I noticed most  stores have their deals listed online.

Honored Contributor

am totally staying away from all stores. I may go to kohl's this coming weekend for a couple of my earrings.  That will be the most shopping i will do this weekend.

The stores I go to during the year are at malls and i really don't enjoy shopping with crowds.  

Honored Contributor

Probably not on Thursday, though I have a time or two in the past... It is what it is and not everybody is folded into the bosom of a big family and not everybody has the option of being at a big, all day, family event... or, after a few hours, even wants to be... Definitely no big store or mall shopping on Friday. I might or might not go to a few smaller local stores.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...