Esteemed Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

This is a soap opera...

It sure is. My dad said he was going to go over to his parents house tonight. But after that text he thought he better let them cool down. But he is defintly going to go over there tomorrow. His dad is retired and is usually home. One way or another he will talk to his parents. His mother is obviously ignoring my dad and diverting it to her son. They are complaining about stuff that isn't even in the covenants.   Some crazy ******. I don't see a end to this anytime soon. If we changed things for him that would take time since our construction package is already done. I have a very strong feeling this is going to end up with lawyers. Question would be if we threaten them with that are they going to follow through and get one or will they sign it.

The new neighbor that is going in is going with a lot cheaper builder then we are. I can't imagine the problems they are having since I don't think they will have anything natural on the front of their house. 

Honored Contributor

JMO but I would not put up with or engage in so much drama.  It cannot be healthy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

JMO but I would not put up with or engage in so much drama.  It cannot be healthy.

It is what it is. Not much we can do at this point. We just have to keep pressuring them. My dad truly believes that his parents don't have a clue about our plans. And the fact he won't down with him and have a discussion shows how much of a wimp he is. He just bullies through text and email.  It's a very strange situation. When we bought the lot we new this man was a little off. But nothing that would of suggest it was going to come down to this.  His parents were actually very excited because they would have someone their age over there.  It seems him and his parents have a very strange relationship. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Why kids are bullies

[ Edited ]

Why do you care about this person and his relationship with the parents?   Let your father figure this out.   Who gave him authority to draw up covenants?

Whose idea was it to have these covenants anyway?   Just seems like a lot of drama and hassle that's going to wind up costing more money in the end...

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Why do you care about this person and his relationship with the parents?   Let your father figure this out.   Who gave him authority to draw up covenants?

Whose idea was it to have these covenants anyway?   Just seems like a lot of drama and hassle that's going to wind up costing more money in the end...

Because I live in the house their stress is going to cause me stress. There was nothing in the covenants that wouldnt of been in subdivision covenants. My dad worked with this man for like two weeks to make sure he could live with them before we bought the property.

Ok this is getting really weird. My dad thinks this man has his mothers phone. Because of time stamped emails and text in correlation to phone conversations my dad had with him. I told my mom I did not think the text from his mom really came from her.

Honored Contributor

Allegedly 'could be' that they are afraid of him(?).  We really don't know their family's private dynamics.......I'd 'steer clear' and go to the city/town's building dept.  See/hear what they have to say about the situation.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

It's not getting weird.   It is weird 

Respected Contributor

Wasn't there a lawyer involved in the sale of the property?   I still don't understand how the seller has any right to the lot after the sale?    Was that a contingency to the sale of the property?     That seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  

Once the property is sold, the seller should have no right to the property.   

Honored Contributor

Bri: I've been thinking the exact same thing for the past ten or so minutes...............Just returned back and found my exact thoughts in your post!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why kids are bullies

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

Wasn't there a lawyer involved in the sale of the property?   I still don't understand how the seller has any right to the lot after the sale?    Was that a contingency to the sale of the property?     That seems like a disaster waiting to happen.  

Once the property is sold, the seller should have no right to the property.   

You must not live in a area where there are covenants. It is very standard in newer subdivisions in our area. There is nothing odd about the ones we have signed. The problem comes down to this guy being a bully and demanding stuff that isn't in them. 

My dad dad said he is close to threatening a lawyer and telling him he is going to charge him a $1000 a day his parents don't sign the paper. He said when he got into it on the phone with him this morning he was super quiet. Like ****** what did I get into. I told my mom the other day that the text that my dad received from his mom was not from his mom. She didn't believe me. My dad agrees now that it isn't her responding.