Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why kids are bullies

[ Edited ]

This is hilarious. Before we bought the land they asked us if we knew what kind of house we wanted to build. At that time we had found the house we wanted. So we showed them. They liked it and then we bought the land. We are building the exact same house. So my dad has printed out the picture of the house. He will say this is the house we showed you and you approved before you sold us the land.  Lmao. My dad is prepared. He will have them melting like jello. My dad is going over to the lot tonight. He is going to knock on the parents door and hand her this stuff. He is not going to wait around for them to call and set up a meeting.

Respected Contributor

It's a general lack of respect for anyone, a lack of concern for others' situations, welfare, etc.

It's all about me, what's good for me, what's the best for me, what I can get.

No consideration for anyone else.

It's becoming pervasive in society as a whole.  I mean, it isn't hard to see, from politics, to business, to any type of interaction.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

This is hilarious. Before we bought the land they asked us if we knew what kind of house we wanted to build. At that time we had found the house we wanted. So we showed them. They liked it and then we bought the land. We are building the exact same house. So my dad has printed out the picture of the house. He will say this is the house we showed you and you approved before you sold us the land.  Lmao. My dad is prepared. He will have them melting like jello. My dad is going over to the lot tonight. He is going to knock on the parents door and hand her this stuff. He is not going to wait around for them to call and set up a meeting.

@ccassaday   What happened when your dad knocked on their door last night?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@ccassaday   What happened when your dad knocked on their door last night?

He never knocked. He went over to talk to our two neighbors but she didn't respond to his text. I guess he was waiting on her to text him back to make sure it was ok to come over.  We will see if she contacts him today. On kind of a good note our two neighbors said they would sign a piece of paper saying our plans are fine and they approve them. We will see if it has any influence. My dad is kind of done with their son.  He is going to try and deal with his parents since they are the ones who have to sign it.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG. My dad sent his mom a text. Told her he was concerned about the intimidation of their son. He has asked for the opportunity to sit down with her and her husband. Expressing concerns that this is delaying our house being built. I think this is the right thing to do. His parents have to sign it not their son. But it also could cause a ton of friction. We will see how this plays out. If they ignore his texts a lawyer might be the next step.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy he responded to my dad's text to his mom saying he was intimidating them. He goes on and on how he don't have time to meet. He told him he wants him to bud out and this is between the parents and us. And he wants a meeting between the parents now. Apparently the other people that just bought a lot over there are having problems also. I guess my dad is planning on going over and knocking on their door. He is close to getting a lawyer and sending them a certified letter. All he is asking for is a sit down to go over what our plan is. My mom said my dad's blood was boiling and he was shaking.

Honored Contributor

None of my business, but I don't (underline 'don't') recommend O/P's dad going over and 'knocking on their door'.   My intuition is that it's a bad move.  Throughout the years, we've all heard about disasters (some fatal) happening because of neighbors' troubles/situations.  Also, O/P's dad could be headed toward having medical/physical problems.  This is way too much stress for all concerned.  I'd call in a licensed mediator and/or attorney.  Someone who will sit down, in an official office or meeting room to calmly sort all of these problems.   BTW, is there a city or town office in charge of building regulations?  Maybe they can figure out what is permitted and what isn't.  They would have the final word, I'm guessing, 'and that would be that'.  Lots of good luck.  And please tell your husband to be careful.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

None of my business, but I don't (underline 'don't') recommend O/P's dad going over and 'knocking on their door'.   My intuition is that it's a bad move.  Throughout the years, we've all heard about disasters (some fatal) happening because of neighbors' troubles/situations.  Also, O/P's dad could be headed toward having medical/physical problems.  This is way too much stress for all concerned.  I'd call in a licensed mediator and/or attorney.  Someone who will sit down, in an official office or meeting room to calmly sort all of these problems.   BTW, is there a city or town office in charge of building regulations?  Maybe they can figure out what is permitted and what isn't.  They would have the final word, I'm guessing, 'and that would be that'.  Lots of good luck.  And please tell your husband to be careful.  

He probably wouldn't do it unless we have the mothers permission to come over. But if she won't return his text I am not sure what he should do. My sister and her boss did send over today the things we forgot to send over initially. So we will see what happens. I think we need to get the phone number of the other guy who is building who is also having problems . We need a United force.

i agree with you it could be dangerous to just show up. We do know their son has hunting guns. But the fact he won't meet face to face just shows what a coward he is. I would be so embarrassed if I was his parents. But of course maybe his parents are the same jerks he is. We will soon find out.

And another  crazy thing is our neighbor who's house is already there never signed the covenants. So are they even legal even though they are recorded. We can't have this tied up with lawyers for months. My dad is willing to make one change he asked for because it isnt a big deal. But if they won't even sit down with you to discuss what's wrong it's kind of hard to get anywhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why kids are bullies

[ Edited ]

We are never going to get moved in or started. I am really going to cry.  I am like my mom and so over it. We were so excited to be in by thanksgiving. Even if we eventually gets this done it's going to be after the first of the year.

Respected Contributor

This is a soap opera...