Honored Contributor

Wishing you good luck.  Keep us posted (if you wish to). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Why kids are bullies

[ Edited ]

Kids are bullies for several reasons.  Just a few are:

They are bullied at home.

They are modeling what they see home.

They are modeling politicians and others in the public eye.

They are angry because of drugs, alcohol at home.

They are sad because they don't have one of their parents.

They live in poverty and suffer.

They haven't eaten in two days and the govt took away their only meal at school.

They are so hungry they can't concentrate on school.

They are lonely and cover it up.

They want to be loved and seek attention however they can get it.

They have holes in the ceiling of their bedroom.

There was a drive by shooting in the neighborhood last night.

They are depressed thinking there is no way out.

They hear on the news that others hate the poor, being from a single parent home, born outside of marriage, etc. and they internalize the pain of that hate.

Esteemed Contributor

So they sent a rejection letter to the builder. We forgot to send a couple things to him that they needed. But my dad sent him and his parents a email last night with what they needed. He also explained some other things and why he shouldn't have a issue. They actually wanted a landscaping plan. How in the heck do you know what kind of flowers your going to plant on a house that isn't even built yet. Plus we are going to be moving in   Nov or dec. Your not going to be doing landscaping in winter. Lol.  My dad is trying to get him to sign it this weekend. We will see if he has the guts to call or respond to him.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why your dad is including the son in any of the correspondence.  If he is just inserting himself in the middle of it but really has no say I would deal with the parents only.  If the parents want to bring the son in on it they can, but I think your father should ignore him.  I'm sorry they sent the rejection letter to the builder.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I don't understand why your dad is including the son in any of the correspondence.  If he is just inserting himself in the middle of it but really has no say I would deal with the parents only.  If the parents want to bring the son in on it they can, but I think your father should ignore him.  I'm sorry they sent the rejection letter to the builder.

His sn actually put in the rejection letter to only contact him.  His parents are weird and won't sign anything unless the son tells them to.

Esteemed Contributor

I am confused.  WHo wrote these covenants?  YOu indicate your father worked on them but now it seems like the son of the owners who sold the land to your family is using the supposed failure to adhere to the covenants as a reason Not to sign off on the plans.  Is there a requirement in the covenants that a landscaping plan be submitted.?  I still don't get who is the controlling entity who is deciding that the covenants have not been met.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I am confused.  WHo wrote these covenants?  YOu indicate your father worked on them but now it seems like the son of the owners who sold the land to your family is using the supposed failure to adhere to the covenants as a reason Not to sign off on the plans.  Is there a requirement in the covenants that a landscaping plan be submitted.?  I still don't get who is the controlling entity who is deciding that the covenants have not been met.

My dad worked on them with their son. I do not believe it says anything about a landscaping plan. Only that landscaping like grass ect must be done within 180 days after we move in.  I am not sure but he might of been just asking if the builder was providing any landscaping. Which they are not. I am sure this will all be resolved. I don't think my dad heard from him today regarding his email. It will probably be Monday when we do hear anything. Permits should be all pulled by Wed so the bank can appraise the bid and we can start. Hopefully we have some agreement by then. I don't know how long extra it would take to make any changes just to get him off our backs. Because the construction packet is ready for the bank. I think it's safe to say we won't be moved in by NOV 16th. It will probably be closer to Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

WAs legal advice obtained when these covenants were developed?  I have never heard of anyone just sitting down and writing covenants without approval from a lawyer.  Also you mention creating a new HOA when more lots are sold and leaving the HOA you are in.  I hope all,of that is written into the existing covenants because I have never heard of such a thing.  THe more I read about this the more I hope a attorney was involved.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

WAs legal advice obtained when these covenants were developed?  I have never heard of anyone just sitting down and writing covenants without approval from a lawyer.  Also you mention creating a new HOA when more lots are sold and leaving the HOA you are in.  I hope all,of that is written into the existing covenants because I have never heard of such a thing.  THe more I read about this the more I hope a attorney was involved.

Yes legal advice was given. And yes once the lots are sold the homeowners which there will be a total of five or six can create their own association. It's written in the covenants like that. With our lot and another that was just sold their are enough lots sold now we can do that. But that probably won't be done until the houses are built.

He actually text my dad yesterday and told my dad he can call him today. His parents are out of town until tomorrow night so nothing can be signed. But at least it opens up a conversation.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This might get ugly before it is finished. My dad talked to him today. He says he wants to know the size of every room. Lol. All he needs to know is the square footage of the house is 2300 sq ft and it is over the 2000 square foot minimum. Then he says he wants the dimensions of the outside of the house. Lmao. None of this is in the covenants except the 2000 minimum. Then he has the nerve to say it's his parents decision when it clearly states in the letter they sent back to the builder to only contact him. He also wants a copy of the blue prints. My dad said no way. I bought and paid for these your not getting a copy. He said he would gladly bring a copy and show him but he is not going to get a copy. He got a copy of the floor plan but not the dimensions. Then he said well I have 30 days to make a decision and my dad just lost if.  This guy is a quack.  He knows he can't bully my dad but he is trying. This could turn ugly or he might melt like jello. I think everything will be good once he meets face to face with his parents. But we will see. My dad says if he gets nasty he will threaten him and tell him fine we will sell the lot and go build our [price of house] somewhere else lol.