Honored Contributor

Maybe good news is coming soon.  Keep your bedroom items as long as possible (refund/exchange dates, etc.). I'm sure many of us here are wishing you better luck in the days ahead.  We're sending you all of our good wishes upon all of the good luck stars in the universe.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Why kids are bullies

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday

Gee I've built 2 homes (1 custom & 1 developer/builder) I can't imagine the additional stress you're parents are experiencing & they haven't broke ground yet.

This is a big investment especially at their age - I would certainly think they have a competent lawyer (not legal ez) they use who will set this guy (or family) who sold you the lot straight. At this stage of the process, I think something's not right

Plus, seems to have put stress on you (sister) & your parents! If it was me I'd tell him where to stick his (their) demands and move on. There are many reputable builders out there that would make this experience better for everyone.

(I haven't read or followed all the whole postings but seems like there has been quite a few twists & turns getting to the point your family is - whether problems with sister, father not signing documents, etc.)

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Maybe good news is coming soon.  Keep your bedroom items as long as possible (refund/exchange dates, etc.). I'm sure many of us here are wishing you better luck in the days ahead.  We're sending you all of our good wishes upon all of the good luck stars in the universe.  Heart

I just feel so helpless. I knew something would go wrong because everything seemed to good to be true. Like we were actually having something this exciting happen. I shouldn't of fooled my self. Because nothing this good ever happens to us. If my parents were 20 years younger we might feel like we could drag this on. I am just so deflated right now and can't do anything about it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ccassaday

Gee I've built 2 homes (1 custom & 1 developer/builder) I can't imagine the additional stress you're parents are experiencing & they haven't broke ground yet.

This is a big investment especially at their age - I would certainly think they have a competent lawyer (not legal ez) they use who will set this guy (or family) who sold you the lot straight. At this stage of the process, I think something's not right

Plus, seems to have put stress on you (sister) & your parents! If it was me I'd tell him where to stick his (their) demands and move on. There are many reputable builders out there that would make this experience better for everyone.

(I haven't read or followed all the whole postings but seems like there has been quite a few twists & turns getting to the point your family is - whether problems with sister, father not signing documents, etc.)

This has nothing to do with the builder. We can't just move on.  Who knows how long it would take to sell this lot and find a new lot. We can't wait another year to start. My mom said if they didn't do it this year there would was no use in building.  We can't just move on. My mom told my dad she wanted in a subdivision. If we had we would not be having these issues. But of course my dad fell in love with this land and that was all it took. I have a feeling by the end of this she is going to be saying I told you so. Now we know why the original neighbors wife wanted to move so bad,

BTW the day I got upset at my dad was ridiculous on my part. I had a lot more of things going on and I just vented the wrong way!

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday

sadly you may be right with your Moms thinking. $88,000 invested is not a small amount of $$ to have these issues. I feel sad for you & the stress of this time in your life when moving on should be "exciting" not "stressful". Yes, buying in a subdivision has its drawbacks vs custom but may have been a better option.

I will pray & keep my fingers crossed this "seller" hasn't taken your parents money (without retraction rights in contract) OR on a wild goose chase...sometimes others actions (reSmiley Surprisedriginal neighbors) tell the true story.

In my personal life, I listened to my spouse moved into a 55-gated community based on his golf experience (I don't golf) here - he fell in love with it & convinced me🙄.  We rented and then he decided we needed to buy in here.  So wish the realtor disclosed to us the "true age of residents" (I was 48 he was 57 when we relocated here) -- anyway, we are 25-30 years younger than most people here & most are snowbirds!  Imagine my disappointment - I thought it was going to be "paradise" not....I've been here 9 years (own home 5) & yes, beautiful home but neighbors (never say hi, come out or see them & if you don't golf forget it) sure aren't interested in knowing us (spouse has lots of golf buddies here but that's it). And the HOA Board of Directors are a bunch of old jerks...another issue ridiculous rules!  Assessments galore for our country club restaurant - terrible service & food👎🏻Yet we get charged a minimum each month. Recently instituted by BOD - HOA isn't always a good thing in my opinion.

We could make a lot of $$$ to sell (we are on golf course & our lot is premium) but where to go.  in hindsight we all make mistakes when we do things on impulse!!!

Everyday, I remind him big mistake!!!! I'm very thankful I love to travel since I'm gone usually 10 days/each month it is my getaway from old, rude seniors ....I'm sure someday I'll be that  age but hope not like the ones I've met😱

Don't take your beautiful things back -- they keep your dreams alive for your new space!😃

💐💐

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ccassaday

sadly you may be right with your Moms thinking. $88,000 invested is not a small amount of $$ to have these issues. I feel sad for you & the stress of this time in your life when moving on should be "exciting" not "stressful". Yes, buying in a subdivision has its drawbacks vs custom but may have been a better option.

I will pray & keep my fingers crossed this "seller" hasn't taken your parents money (without retraction rights in contract) OR on a wild goose chase...sometimes others actions (reSmiley Surprisedriginal neighbors) tell the true story.

In my personal life, I listened to my spouse moved into a 55-gated community based on his golf experience (I don't golf) here - he fell in love with it & convinced me🙄.  We rented and then he decided we needed to buy in here.  So wish the realtor disclosed to us the "true age of residents" (I was 48 he was 57 when we relocated here) -- anyway, we are 25-30 years younger than most people here & most are snowbirds!  Imagine my disappointment - I thought it was going to be "paradise" not....I've been here 9 years (own home 5) & yes, beautiful home but neighbors (never say hi, come out or see them & if you don't golf forget it) sure aren't interested in knowing us (spouse has lots of golf buddies here but that's it). And the HOA Board of Directors are a bunch of old jerks...another issue ridiculous rules!  Assessments galore for our country club restaurant - terrible service & food👎🏻Yet we get charged a minimum each month. Recently instituted by BOD - HOA isn't always a good thing in my opinion.

We could make a lot of $$$ to sell (we are on golf course & our lot is premium) but where to go.  in hindsight we all make mistakes when we do things on impulse!!!

Everyday, I remind him big mistake!!!! I'm very thankful I love to travel since I'm gone usually 10 days/each month it is my getaway from old, rude seniors ....I'm sure someday I'll be that  age but hope not like the ones I've met😱

Don't take your beautiful things back -- they keep your dreams alive for your new space!😃

💐💐

We could still do custom in a subdivision. There would of been no issues with this house in a subdivision. Matter of fact we are building almost the exact same house we saw in a subdivision. My dad said he didn't want neighbors so close. Right know we have one that doesn't take care of the house or property. We have called the city on them a couple of times. And of course he fell in love with the woods on this property. My mom kept saying that 2.75 acres was a lot to take care of at their age. But he enjoys getting on the rider and mowing. It's relaxing to him. She wanted to go more in a villa community where they took care of the yard. The one big issue we did have with going in a subdivision to build is it's hard to find one that allows fences. We have to have a fence with our dog. We knew this family was kind of wacky but never thought it would come down to this. I really do feel we got scammed and they took our money. 

The builder we signed with could very easily find us a subdivision lot. But like I said who knows if or how quickly we could sell our lot. Especially if word got out about this man.

Esteemed Contributor

I am laying here trying to go to sleep and I keep crying. I can't sleep. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday

think positive!!! Let your dad & mom worry it's their real estate deal  and I think they will resolve it😃With a good outcome! 

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ccassaday

think positive!!! Let your dad & mom worry it's their real estate deal  and I think they will resolve it😃With a good outcome! 

I just don't think there will be a good outcome. This guy holds all the cards unless we get a real estste lawyer. Then who knows how long getting lawyers involved it will take. I pray that they will get that meeting at the builders and a positive outcome will happen within a few days. My dad was going to go over there tomorrow. At this point I don't think that is a good idea since they are saying they are willing to meet at the builders. It could cause them to not have a meeting. I just want it to end. I know I have a roof over my head and my surgery went well. But I am so looking forward to having my space to do my hair and makeup and to just have a space that works better. Everything I own is put where I can't reach it. My mom gets frustrated because I have to ask for stuff all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

Kind of a little update.  We are not going to be able to use the viynl shake. He is not going to allow viynl. Which is in the covenants and we should of picked out the right materials to start. We are going to have to use cement fiber board or stone. My sister checked prices and it's only $500 or so to use the cement fiber board. But way more to use the stone. I was telling my mom the cemd t fiber board is really nice. It looks just like the shake we wanted and is also maintence free like viynl. My mom is going to tell my dad to change it to get this deal done. We will see if he agrees. My dad can be stubborn sometimes.

She read me the letter to me they sent yesterday. I didn't think it was that bad. If we change the viynl we should be able to get this deal done. As far as a landscaping package the builder can send them a general one that they do for all subdivisions. Which it states in the letter we can change when we are ready. So all in all if my dad decides he wants to get this done it's in his court. As far as the position of our house he has no say because there is nothing in the covenants that says they have a say in where we put our house or the neighbors need to see our porch.