Valued Contributor

Re: Why is it the minute you put on a white top....

It's like a magnet! LOL

Honored Contributor

I used to have 1/2 hour for lunch. So if I went out and got a salad for lunch. I would end up eating it at traffic lights as I drove back to the office.

So of course one day, a beet went bouncing down the front of my white turtleneck. When I got got back to the office, I tried cleaning my shirt. No success. So I turned the turtleneck around.

I used to say, when people asked me if I had lunch, my shirt is still clean. So, no, I have not had lunch.

I am so glad that Sam's sells OxyClean in such large boxes.

Honored Contributor

I consider it an accomplishment if I can walk from the bedroom to the kitchen and still have a clean white shirt!

Honored Contributor

I hear you.  It never fails.  That white top, dress and jeans just seem to attract dribbles and stains.  It's like they come out of no where....LOL   

Respected Contributor

Yes! Like washing the car and it rains. The minute  you sit down to eat dinner and the phone rings. You finally get to sit down and the dogs want out even though the door was open a minute ago. 

Respected Contributor

this is why I wear an apron when I'm wearing white

Occasional Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Just bought myself a new white polo shirt and yep...dribbled Vitamin Water all down the front of it.  If I happen to put on a "crisp white blouse" in the morning you can bet I'll spill coffee on it first thing. Never fails. 🙄

Lol! True!

Esteemed Contributor

When I put on a white shirt in the morning, I usually find myself making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner that night.  Of course, I need to change before eating.  

Trusted Contributor

I love reading all these responses. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who this happens to! Any time I wear anything light colored I end up wearing whatever I'm eating. I don't like white tops, pants, skirts, or especially white shoes. I am short and wear an 8 1/2M shoe so white shoes make my feet look like aircraft carriers. They get filthy and no amount of cleaning and/or white shoe polish makes them look decent after they've been worn a few times.