Valued Contributor

Re: Why is it the minute you put on a white top....

I feel your pain @MoJoV . My departed mother always told us years ago to wear a plaid or patterned shirt if we were going to an Italian restaurant. Covers up the dribbled spaghetti sauce!

Esteemed Contributor

Yup, I broke up with white along time ago. It always turns dingy and yellow after a couple of years too. 

Respected Contributor

On the other hand, I had a friend who taught pre-school or kindergaren and she often wore white. I asked her why and she said, because it's easy to bleach the stains out.

Respected Contributor

Same here.  That's why I don't buy white tops anymore.

Honored Contributor

Therein lies the solution I had to come up with, same dribble lip problem.  Got an apron type bib I guess you'd call it.  Was ruining too many tops, with spaghetti type of sauces.  It snaps in back of my neck.  See Amazon.  Adult bibs, or something like that.  Saves my NEW tops now.  Easy to use, it's washable too.

Honored Contributor

Murphy's Law.  I live by it every day.

Esteemed Contributor

I am convinced that my white shirts and sweatshirts are tomato sauce magnets. I think that even if I'm not eating anything red, it winds up on my white shirts anyway. It reminds me of the dog hairs that my beagle leaves in the most bizarre places around the house.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I am convinced that my white shirts and sweatshirts are tomato sauce magnets. I think that even if I'm not eating anything red, it winds up on my white shirts anyway. It reminds me of the dog hairs that my beagle leaves in the most bizarre places around the house.

Don't forget the coffee dribbles too.  I've had those too.  Hole in the lip I guess.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I knew someone, many years ago, who had a huge living room and installed white wall to wall carpeting.

She wouldn't allow anyone to walk on her carpeting.

She was very social, and was used to having her friends and social activites in her living room, so she replaced the carpeting in a year or two.  Maybe even sooner. 

I'm sure the carpet people were thrilled because surely they didn't throw it out.

It was 'brand new', so to speak.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

A few years  ago a neighbor gave me off-white runners to use on hardwood floors in a bedroom.

Guess what!   Each step showed a footprint, even though my shoes were clean-ish and I hardly ever walked on those runners.

A true waste of energy and money to have white carpeting.  Too much time and energy  spraying 'this and that' to remove footprints. 

I'm sure maids and housekeepers wouldn't be too thrilled, either.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).