Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Jill wearing a knee brace?

[ Edited ]

Jill is professional, and always gives pertinent product information to the viewers. I never hear her focus on herself like most of the hosts do. 

Super Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Jill fell two or three weeks ago and cracked a few ribs and also injured her knee.  She was off the air for about a week and ended up missing her high school reunion in CA. 

WOW, I'm sorry to hear that. I wish her a Speedy Recovery !

Respected Contributor

Tissyann, you are so right about Jill. She is one host who trys very hard not to give out alot of information about her family when she is hosting. She does give good information on every product she presents.

Respected Contributor

Obviously her knee is giving her  a problem. Is it really any of our business?  It is no business of mine as I am sure she does not care about my business. If she cares to share, fine, if not, fine. And, if she wants to wear a dress - that is her business  too.  

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

Jill has had that knee replaced  before!

Respected Contributor

@cater wrote:

WOW   some real snippy ladies on here. For heavens sake Jill had knee replacements and she recently fell broke ribs and was in severe pain. She had to miss a event that she had made plans a year ago for. She more then likely hurt the leg that she had operated on. Give the host a break she at least came to work some people just can not show kindness to another human.  Sorry Jill if you read this and see these rude comments by some viewers . Sorry that you got hurt.  Guess some feel you have a knee brace on for attention, they must not know what real pain is. Hope you feel better soon.

Another interesting example of perception.....

I read all the posts and didn't see any that were rude or snippy...is it required that everyone go the "poor baby; are you ok " route ? Stuff happens.... I don't do that with my 3 year old !

Before opening this thread, I did make a bet with myself that there would be the token "It's none of our business what happened" response and I wasn't disappointed. Probably the same people that overuse the " their board, their rules ".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Knees can be 'tricky'.  Stairs bother my knees.  Also, uneven surfaces, walking on cement and/or hard tiles.  Walking on sand is the worst, unless it's very hard, wet sand near the water.  Lots of problems with knees, even when a person hasn't had any surgeries.  Oh, wait, high heels are a 'pain' (pun intended).  Wishing Jill well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@cater wrote:

WOW   some real snippy ladies on here. For heavens sake Jill had knee replacements and she recently fell broke ribs and was in severe pain. She had to miss a event that she had made plans a year ago for. She more then likely hurt the leg that she had operated on. Give the host a break she at least came to work some people just can not show kindness to another human.  Sorry Jill if you read this and see these rude comments by some viewers . Sorry that you got hurt.  Guess some feel you have a knee brace on for attention, they must not know what real pain is. Hope you feel better soon.

Another interesting example of perception.....

I read all the posts and didn't see any that were rude or snippy...is it required that everyone go the "poor baby; are you ok " route ? Stuff happens.... I don't do that with my 3 year old !

Before opening this thread, I did make a bet with myself that there would be the token "It's none of our business what happened" response and I wasn't disappointed. Probably the same people that overuse the " their board, their rules ".

And the equally obligatory post that has nothing to do with the OP, but just has to comment on the comments and pass judgment on the commentors, but without having anything to do with the contents of the OP.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

When someone is injured, I don't like to comment on their disability unless I know know they would not be offended by my asking. If Jill is in pain and needs a brace, it shouldn't prevent her from working.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heart of Spade wrote:

Jill almost always wears pants.  Why would she wear a dress today if she needs to wear a knee brace?  Weird.

Nothing weird about it.  Knee braces are bulky and don't fit easily, or at all under pants.  I think it's just a matter of finding something to accommodate it.

You're fortunate not to have needed one. 

~~~

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras