Valued Contributor

As soon as he gets the horrific eye infection my friend got trying to stretch the “contact time frame,” he’ll never miss another appointment. 👀😳😱

Honored Contributor

Re: Why does DH do this?

[ Edited ]

(thread title question)

From my male perspective! I am guessing his mother may have passed him on to you. I don't care how busy your DH is, or has been, it comes down to dependency.

Men I've met over many decades, were never taught, or forced, to be independent when they were raised. To me when they get married they go from 1 mother to another mother figure that treats him exactly the same. 

Men become that way because "they are allowed to be".

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

My husband always makes his next appts as he checks out from his Drs or dental asst..then he comes home, tells me the dates, & puts dates in his organizer. 

I keep them I’m my calendar, just in case..no problem here.

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose  My husband makes all his own appointments...always has... never is late or misses an appointment.  This is not a “man” thing....it is what a person does  when they .....put themselves first and disrespect others and THEIR TIME. 

Either that or  it is the  starting of dementia.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

(thread title question)

From my male perspective! I am guessing his mother may have passed him on to you. I don't care how busy your DH is, or has been, it comes down to dependency.

Men I've met over many decades, were never taught, or forced, to be independent when they were raised. To me when they get married they go from 1 mother to another mother figure that treats him exactly the same. 

Men become that way because "they are allowed to be".

hckynut

@hckynut

My son is that way.  He does it because he doesn't like going to doctors'.

Trusted Contributor

i understand that you probably do it out of concern, but if you keep treating him as a child, he’ll keep acting like one. let him grow up and take care of his own health. 

Honored Contributor

You ask why?  Obviously, because you do it.

I don't do appointments for my spouse he's a grown man who knows his schedule.  What's the point of me making appt for him to have cancel or reschedule.

Thats his responsibility to take care of his stuff.  

Esteemed Contributor

I dated a guy who played that game and tried to get me to pick up caring for him right where his mother left off ...

Oh noooo!!!!!   Guess again. 😂

Honored Contributor

I refuse to be an enabler!

Esteemed Contributor

My clinic says if you do not let them no 24 hrs ahead you pay $25. Maybe after doing this he will learn--maybe. We are just a servant at times.