Respected Contributor

Re: Why I smile when doing housework..

You made me stop and think! Boy, are you right! I, too, have had highs and lows. I never thought to look at it your way, but it is so true! If only we all were more grateful every day, life would be happy for us, no matter what we have, or don't have! I'll smile from now on!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi

I agree with your OP.

Also, I try to think of it as exercise. My mom was physically healthy until 91 years old and I attribute it to the fact that she always cleaned her own home.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is so nice to connect with all of you.In this world we are pulled in so many directions ,the simple tasks take on meanings, maybe you pray while you work , maybe you think of ways to help someone, and maybe you simply send out happy into the world...We will never know how blessed we are unless we look deep inside and realize we are part of such a special moment.Moments of special are able everyday not on just holidays, I wish you all the celebrations of simple days...Maryanne

Valued Contributor

I feel the same way as OP I never had it bad but there are a lot of people who never had it bad and then something catastrophic happens to them and might have lost everything. I say a little prayer every night and thank God that I have something to eat and roof over my head and that I am warm. It makes me sad and angry when I go to the grocery store and people unload their groceries and just leave the cart in the middle of the lot. I thank God every day that I am able to walk.

cookin