Valued Contributor

Why I smile when doing housework..

This morning my mil called and was talking  about  a few little things, upon closing she sais"Well time to clean the house, oh ,HowI I  dread it" She told me Iwish I could do it like you, you never complain, you seem to enjoy it.After I hung Up I got to thinking and it wasnt hard to figure out why.

I have a home to clean, while others wish for one

I have food to prepare dinner with, I will never be hungry again, I  have many  years of knowing that pain.

I have  all the clothes i could ever want, not a  problem to wash or care for, many people dont have that luxury, I didnt for many years.

I know the gratitude  having suffered with very little,and  finding  happy.

Happy takes work ,  nothing is a given We can  do things with a heart of gratefullness or a heart of  displeasire..It is a choice  we make..Its funny how  a few words or a question gives you real food for thought.Sometimes we see something that was  there  just waiting to be discovered ....Wishing you a happy heart today and forever..Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: Why I smile when doing housework..

@Keeper of the koi@Thanks for giving me the inspiration to get over being miserable about cleaning.I too am blessed by all that you said and need to pay more attention to all of that when I am about to start complaining.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow, what a positive attitude.

I needed that to jump start me back into reality.

Thanks for posting with an uplifting spirit.

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

This morning my mil called and was talking  about  a few little things, upon closing she sais"Well time to clean the house, oh ,HowI I  dread it" She told me Iwish I could do it like you, you never complain, you seem to enjoy it.After I hung Up I got to thinking and it wasnt hard to figure out why.

I have a home to clean, while others wish for one

I have food to prepare dinner with, I will never be hungry again, I  have many  years of knowing that pain.

I have  all the clothes i could ever want, not a  problem to wash or care for, many people dont have that luxury, I didnt for many years.

I know the gratitude  having suffered with very little,and  finding  happy.

Happy takes work ,  nothing is a given We can  do things with a heart of gratefullness or a heart of  displeasire..It is a choice  we make..Its funny how  a few words or a question gives you real food for thought.Sometimes we see something that was  there  just waiting to be discovered ....Wishing you a happy heart today and forever..Maryanne

Like you I'm grateful for all that I have, but I still hate to clean. However, I will think of you and work on my attitude.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi

I have expressed many of the same things on these boards, mostly on the Home forum, in the past. 

I love to be at home, cleaning, decorating, and enjoying my home. And I always have, even when I was a kid at home doing chores.

I too am grateful for the things I have. It is a pleasure to care for them, keep them nice, and create an environment that welcomes my family and friends. 

There are so many things that we just plain and simple have to do in this life. We can fight it, and dread it and hate it, or we can embrace it and find a way to enjoy it. It's all a matter of perspective and choice.

Honored Contributor

Maryanne,

Image result for thank you smile word pics

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love your attitude @Keeper of the koi.

A month or so ago, I had hurt my back, was cleaning and fussing. DH asked me if I would like to hire someone to start coming weekly and cleaning ours. Something about that just made me want to do it myself and not gripe.

I don't love to clean, but I am glad that I am able to do it myself, if that makes any sense.

Also feeling blessed to have a sweet hubby.

Respected Contributor

It's so true!  I am grateful every day for the little I do have - my home and my animals, my good health.  It doesn't take "things" to make you happy - it should just being alive and healthy - enjoying every day that goes by and being grateful for all of it.  I love making people smile - took my dog Story to the hardware store today and she put many smiles on everyone's faces.  It's just that simple. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

You  posters are so special.I felt a little tug to share this today, my mil was  part of this, I felt maybe somone  needed to hear this, we are all so blessed, sometimes its easy to forget the other side.I like to share happy and unavoidably  sad,  but as humans we all share very much the same experiences.My grandmother used to say , leave somone better than they were when you meet them never less..We all struggle to grow ,but we feed our souls with others words...Maryanne

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi, you've got it! That's called counting your blessings. Heart