Honored Contributor

Re: Why Don't Men Understand Why Carbs Stick To Women?

@ECBG wrote:

(Maybe our "knight on the board John will weigh in.).  

Everytime DH cooks, the starches are high, the vegies low, protein so-so and you can't say a word.

I have a "dream husband".  Yes, he's easy going adoring, and very sweet, but, he's always been slim (or regular), and he just doesn't get it why I back away from a plate of rice with sparse vegies.  I have to watch the starches I eat because they attack and permantely coat thighs!  

I don't want to eat "just a few spoonfuls" of it.  I've counted cals/carbs all day!!!!! 

(Are you fighting the same or different battles?).

Who is with me?  

It has always been just hubby and I for 35 years.  We eat what we each want....not the same thing. I fix my dinner, he fixes his. We like it this way. Everyone is happy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My husband has a 32 inch waist and he eats everything that is in sight.  He can and has eaten a whole cake in two days and a pie at one sitting.  He often will eat a quart of ice cream at a time and a half a gallon of ice cream in one day.

i have to force feed him vegetables.  He will eat fruit only in a dessert.

i do cook him good meals and he eats them, but has to have his sweets too.

He is always asking me to go to the ice cream shop for a Sundae with him, and gets upset that I don't want anything,  I don't really like ice cream.

He likes his sugar carbs and meat.  I have to watch his egg intake.  He can down six boiled eggs as a snack and eats deli meat by the handfuls.

oh yeah, his vitals are good.  No health problems. His brothers and sister are like that too.

i gain weight by breathing.  Life isn't always fair.

It's all in the jeans, aka genes!

Valued Contributor

You lost me at "why don't men understand....."      Woman Happy

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Everytime DH cooks, the starches are high, the vegies low, protein so-so and you can't say a word.

I have a "dream husband".  Yes, he's easy going adoring, and very sweet, but, he's always been slim (or regular), and he just doesn't get it why I back away from a plate of rice with sparse vegies.  I have to watch the starches I eat because they attack and permantely coat thighs!  

I don't want to eat "just a few spoonfuls" of it.  I've counted cals/carbs all day!!!!! 

Who is with me?  

@ECBG

Tell that dream husband that mens' & womens' bodies and metabolisms are different ...... and you have a special request  .... more protein.    Tyson and some other company has fully cooked chopped pieces of chicken and turkey that can be thrown into what's cooking to "up the protein".    I would think this little adjustment would be fairly easy, whether he understands the science or not. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Who is with me?  

@ECBG

Tell that dream husband that mens' & womens' bodies and metabolisms are different ...... and you have a special request  .... more protein.    Tyson and some other company has fully cooked chopped pieces of chicken and turkey that can be thrown into what's cooking to "up the protein".    I would think this little adjustment would be fairly easy, whether he understands the science or not. 

@Tinkrbl44I'm the "salad monster", and yes, he's heard it all of his life!  He understands science better than most.  His major was math and physics!

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby loves 'comfort food'.....I am glad warmer weather is here because I can cook healthier on the grill and he won't complain

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Everytime DH cooks, the starches are high....

Who is with me?  

@ECBG

You had me at 'starches are high'.  

Your DH sounds like a very smart fellow!

Unfortunately, I'm not 'with' you.

Carbohydrates don't 'stick' different depending on gender.

🤣

We are all the same...blood/muscle/bone is all the same.

Metabolism is the same, in terms of diet.

Thinking that proves American Marketing works.

Eat LFHC plants/starches...and you'll be slim/trim.

Tip off:  There's no such thing as a Woman's ER & Men's ER.

Responses are funny, though....very Old School. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Who is with me?  

@ECBG

🤣

Metabolism is the same in terms of diet?  Now that is too funny.  It is not the same between two of anyone no matter what gender.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Who is with me?  

@ECBG

🤣

Metabolism is the same in terms of diet?  Now that is too funny.  It is not the same between two of anyone no matter what gender.

I w.a.s. not going to include 'in terms of diet', but I knew someone

would start posting study after link after study which had nothing

to do with the original post.   People react the same when given the proper, low fat whole foods plant based diet.  Starches should be high for every slim, trim, healthy being.  If they 'stick', you're doing it wrong. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I edited your post.

Hi @ECBG

There is a lot I could say, but I am going to pass on most of it. As for your question in reference to men? While I have met thousands, many from other parts of our country, and other countries, much is the same in some respects.

While many are highly educated and others skilled business owners, when it comes to life and their beliefs? A minority of the men I have met, don't even understand or relate to the way I eat, much less the why.

I am not going to get into body structure differences and other things that are as different to each individual, regardless of their gender. To me, these things have as many variables as one's DNA. What works for one does not mean the same will work for others, I am speaking VERY generally.

I dealt with being the "Fat Kid" during my pre-teen years, along with my early teens. Also been told by, of all people, my wife, that "you are just skin and bones". Top weight to bottom weight, a difference of 90lbs. Am telling this so anyone reading this will know that "I have been there", and not just speaking through my hat.

My food program is primarily made up of Complex Carbs/next Protein, and lastly, Fat. While I cannot change my bone structure or "where certain weight decides to reside", I can control my Muscle to Fat Tissue Ratio, and have done so for many decades.  I know my Body Composition Percentage (muscle to fat), and to me that is the most important number when it comes to my body weight.

I have never bought into "she/he can eat everything they want and not gain an ounce", and it really means or has meant anything to me during my weight issues. What others can do has no bearing on what I have to do to be as physically fit as possible, and a body weight Composition that works for me at specific times.

Back to men! Most don't even have a clue how their own body works, much less the workings of women. Each person has their own beliefs, be they fact or old husband(wives tales), and through the years, age numbers are not the only things that change. The way the body uses energy along with the amount of it, change with decades, sometimes with years.

Let's see. Yep, long enough post!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)