Respected Contributor

I opened the refrigerator door and there was a box of plastic wrap on top.  It fell and hit the corner of the drawer and it broke the little plastic tab that holds the drawer cover on.  I was so afraid to tell him but I had to before he found out.  Well you'd think I committed a horrible crime.  I felt bad enough but he accused me of lying and said I broke it myself by not being careful.  Then I get the usual lecture that I need to pay more attention to what I"m doing and that's one of my many problems.  Now he's pouting and won't talk to me.  I can never ever count on him to be supportive of anything.  I don't treat him that way.  Accidents happen.  It's life.  I've apologized three times.  It will be days before things are back to normal.  Why can't it just be a peaceful Sunday.  Tomorrow is back to the drudgery of work and I just want to enjoy this time.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Are Husbands So Mean???

He scolded you like your a child?  I'd tell him to f*** off.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are in a classic abusive situation.  Get out of it.  Husbands aren't mean.    This one needs tol be dumped.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hugs to you Karnerblue, I hope your day gets better. Have to agree with the other posters.  Others treat you the way you allow them to.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is this the way he acts all the time?  Do you want to make it work?  What changes do you want?  This info will help us advise you.

Valued Contributor

Sounds more like parent/child rather than husband/wife--totally unacceptable!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am truly sorry that you're experiencing such hurt. I've been married for 51 years and when my husband was younger he also had a bad temper. I still remember his screaming at me because I accidentally broke the yoke on his fried eggs over easy. Your husband's behavior is unacceptable. It is a form of abuse. Once I got a backbone and my husband grew up, I told him, and he learned, that he could not act this way. You may need to see a counselor. My daughter found herself in a situation like this and unlike her father, who realized his behavior was unacceotable, her husband, now her ex, never understood why he was wrong. You deserve better treatment and your husband needs to understand that his behavior needs to change. I hope you can both get guidance in this. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Leave this man, that was such a tiny thing that happened,i wonder what he would do,if you accidentally did something big.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cannot even imagine...... He's not speaking to you because the corner broke off the plastic wrap????

Not all husbands are mean.  I feel for you OP.   I really do.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I am going to be honest and upfront.  Your husband is a bully,  the fact that you are afriad to tell him something as simple as something broke is scary in itself.  

It's your life and you have to make your own decisions but let me ask you this.... Why are you still living with this bully?  Would your life be better with or without him?

I know that if my husband lectured me and made me afraid to talk to him .. Our relationship would be over and I am not a new bride.  I have been married almost  43 years.

Please think this one out.  You are not a doormat or a child.