Honored Contributor

Re: Whoo hoo! I'm getting an extra super-duper present for Christmas this year!!!

@Huge Hannah  on the bright side, you'll have room in your tummy to really enjoy Christmas dinner.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor

Re: Whoo hoo! I'm getting an extra super-duper present for Christmas this year!!!

Good for you for scheduling the colonoscopy Hannah.  If I hadn't been so stupid about not having one I would not have gotten my Extra Super Duper Christmas present this year - my diagnosis of colon cancer.

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah@I guess your preference is destination gifts.Hope you arrive home with some good news to share from your visit.

Honored Contributor

@globegrl wrote:

Good for you for scheduling the colonoscopy Hannah.  If I hadn't been so stupid about not having one I would not have gotten my Extra Super Duper Christmas present this year - my diagnosis of colon cancer.

@globegrl so sorry. Best wshes.  Did the cancer thing, no fun. 

I was going to post a "you are clear" really is a Christmas present.  

Regular Contributor

@globegrl wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear this. My sister had the same experience: at her first colonoscopy, they found cancer. It wasn't very far along and they got it all but I don't want to have to go through what she didl.

Good luck to you and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Respected Contributor

@Huge Hannah  Glad you are taking care of yourself.Yes the prep is the worst.Hang in there and have a good and Happy New Year.

Valued Contributor

Yes @mimomof4, I hope she gets some time to sit down also other than sitting on the you-know-what.

Esteemed Contributor

@Huge Hannah My first flash of thought when I read your post was "slug sandwich". It's been years and I think the speaker was Jennifer James. She was an inspirational speaker and used "slug sandwich" to make some points. Anyway, best of luck to you with both procedures. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Good for you, @Huge Hannah, I think you are giving yourself a great Christmas present. It will be over and done with before you know it, and I hope you have a bunch of goodies to eat on Christmas.

Funny how things change as we get older. I saw on the news last week a nearby hospital is having something like Bhealthy heart tests, for $100.00. Called yesterday to schedule my husband and myself, but they are scheduling into Feb its 3 hour long multiple tests, and I have to get a look at Dh's work schedule before I can make the apt. I told him this can be one present we can give each other.

Esteemed Contributor

@globegrl, I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.