Regular Contributor

Whoo hoo! I'm getting an extra super-duper present for Christmas this year!!!

What is it? you may ask. Well, I'll tell you: on December 24th, I'm having a colonoscopy!! Woman LOL

Bless my doctor and her assitant's hearts, they managed for find an opening for me, 2 days before my cataract surgery on the 26th. My gastroenterologist doesn't think there will be a problem with having a colonoscopy so close to cataract surgery on the 26th, but I've got a call in to my opthamologist just to make sure.

I'm dreading the test--not the test itself but the swamp water I'll have to drink. But I'll sure be relieved to get this over with.

And, again, God bless my doctor and her assistant for going to so much trouble for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Whoo hoo! I'm getting an extra super-duper present for Christmas this year!!!

@Huge Hannah

Congratulations! (I think)

Hoping you will get to drink miralax prep instead of lots of swamp water!

The miralax prep didn’t bother me (in July).

Good luck with your C!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Whoo hoo! I'm getting an extra super-duper present for Christmas this year!!!

@Huge Hannah.  And a merry Christmas to you!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Good luck to you. 

Wow you packed a lot into the holiday week.  I hope you get some time to sit down and enjoy the holiday week.

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah You enjoy that early Christmas gift!

Super Contributor

Happy Holidays to You!   I hope the colonoscopy and cataract surgery goes well for you.    Take it easy and enjoy some fun activities during this holiday season.   My best to you,   Tallgal.

Respected Contributor

Hannah, I just had one 11 days ago, prep was  Miralax and 64 oz. Of Gatorade.  I chose lemon lime and it was not bad at all.  And of course, can't forget the dulcalax .

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah I think you'll do fine! It help to have some hard candy (NOTHING with red coloring and no chocolate) to suck on after drinking the colon prep. Ask me how I know!! ha ha  I was told this before my first colonoscopy (and it was also in the paperwork I got ahead of time) and did it for both of them. It really does help.

Wishing you well with everything!!

Respected Contributor

@Huge Hannah

I had my first colonoscopy in October and the drinks were the worst part.  Hoping things go well with your test and your cataract surgery. 

Honored Contributor

Atta girl!  Cover it from head to toe.  Woman Wink  LOL.

Can't neglect yourself so that's great!!