Honored Contributor

Re: Who would you like to dress like?

I remember I always admired girls in high school, women who always looked so perfectly put together and at one time I decided to try to look like that.

So my friends at school asked me if I felt okay lol! I guess I was trying for the attitude and all, and it came off as being sick haha!

Though I may like to look like Audrey or Kate or even Dolly

It just wasn't me and I realized I would never look that way so I just started to try to appreciate myself.

I think I'm attracted to many styles and I do get compliments at times.

I think I'd call my "style" eclectic!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Love K. Hepburn.  The clothes I designed in college had that influence.

I'd just love to be able to dress in Ralph Lauren runway clothes.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Let me explain by saying, I think Kathryn Hepburn had it right.  Pants and comfy/casual yet not sloppy.  

That's all I mean.  

@qualitygal. It’s a god question because it helps you think about your style and saves money spent on mistakes when purchasing clothes.

I like the Annie Hall look mixed w/ Ralph Lauren. Throw in the original Calvin Klein when he was designing his own line.

Valued Contributor

When I was a young woman I looked at others and often felt they were so much more attractive and put together.  I don’t think that’s unusual for young women and teens.  It took a while for me to accept myself, my body and my own style.  Now as a mature woman, I am fortunate to be in good health and be able to stay fit.  The body I saw as too tall, too lanky, too flat chested; the face I saw as too round, too oily, too ordinary; the sense of style I saw as too conservative and uninteresting, I now see in a different light.  Now I’m just happy to be healthy and able to dress the way I choose.  I think I’m pretty fashionable without trying to look 22 years old.  I can pull off almost any fashion, but am well aware of my age.  I like casual elegance in clothes.  And with age comes a preference for comfort.

Honored Contributor

Re: W toho would you like to dress like?

Pa Kettle! Spitting image of me most of my 33 years at Western Electric.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I have no desire to dress like anyone but myself.I like my sense of style!!

Esteemed Contributor

Lady GaGa!!  btw....i'm 68......lol!

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Joan Watson on the old Elementary episodes.  This year they have her in severe suits and ties.  Hate the look. 

I really like her suits and ties, but I wish they weren't the ONLY thing we saw her in. She used to mix it up a lot more as well as wear some menswear inspired looks and I miss that.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

When I saw the question my first thought was Katherine Hepburn too.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Pa Kettle! Spitting image of me most of my 33 years at Western Electric.

hckynut(john)

Well, l may not let you forget that one!!  LOL