Respected Contributor

Re: Who would you like to dress like?

[ Edited ]

Carolina Herrera.  And I do try to dress like this.  Simple but elegant.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not really a fashion maven anymore but I dress neatly, comfortably and to a small degree, in fashion with a few new pieces every year. I am dealing with finding tops/blouses that fit my flat chest ---had breast cancer with double mastectomy and no recon--so trying to find things that don't emphasize my lack of the "girls" is challenging, especially when its hot outside. Wear loose things but some are way to baggy even at a small size. A small inconvenience tho, really!!

Respected Contributor

Janis Joplin

Respected Contributor

me..I like to dress like me..I am a mix of hippie and gypsy..I never followed trends..I am simply me...

Honored Contributor

If there were a reason for me to dress up, I'd pick something classic like Joan Rivers wore. I once heard her say that you can't go wrong with black pants, black shell (or turtleneck) and a red blazer. Add some of her jewelry and sensible pumps and I'd have something I'd feel comfortable wearing.

Honored Contributor

It's fun to fantasize about whose style you gravitate to most--great question, @qualitygal.  I like the previous suggestions of Claudette Colbert's and Bette Davis' styles. They both were on the smaller side, and had an interesting comination of sort of sporty and feminine looks.  Classic "gamines". 

Some of the more Amazonian stars I might find interesting, but wouldn't gravitate to their styles as much b/c their body types and auras quite different from mine.

Let's see, among contemporary dressers.  I kind of like the quirky unexpectedness of Diane Keaton, even though she's much kookier in her choices.  I like the way she doesn't conform to what has become almost the uniform of even mature women.

On the other hand, I love the classicism of Maria Bartiromo.  She covers up more than most TV journalists, and looks so much more appropriate than the reporters dressed like they are heading for cocktails.  She's no less striking for that lady-like subtlety-- more so!  She has a flair for colors that complement her beautiful coloring, too, and nice tailoring with a twist.

Respected Contributor

I liked the way Jackie Kennedy dressed and Audrey Hepburn. Because I live a casual life I dont need a lot of skirts or dresses. I like denim jeans and ankle length or capri's pants and a cute top with earrings and my favorite charm bracelet. In fall and winter my usual outfit is denim jeans and a black sweater/turtleneck/shirt.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18