Honored Contributor

Re: Who would you like to dress like?

Grace Kelly was the epitome of elegance. However, long gone are the days formal clothing would be considered de rigueur.

I also loved the quiet, simple elegance of Ralph Lauren. I met him years ago and his entire concept of fashion has always been my style. I always feel elegant in his clothing. My favorite outfits through the years have always been Ralph Lauren. I am tall and I really think he caters to women that are tall. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG.  I am with you all the way K. Hepburn and Ralph Lauren runway clothes - love them.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Let me explain by saying, I think Kathryn Hepburn had it right.  Pants and comfy/casual yet not sloppy.  

That's all I mean.  

@qualitygal. It’s a god question because it helps you think about your style and saves money spent on mistakes when purchasing clothes.

I like the Annie Hall look mixed w/ Ralph Lauren. Throw in the original Calvin Klein when he was designing his own line.

@Shanus, Annie Hall was my 2nd thought. LOL

Honored Contributor

Olivia Pope from Scandal!!!! lol! She had the best wardrobe!!

Respected Contributor

I am a very casual dresser now that I no longer work. You will find me wearing jeans/jeggings/ carpis on most days and a nice t-shirt or tank during the summer. Come cold weather, jeans, Barefoot Dreams sweaters with a s/s or tank under it. They are so warm and cozy but pricey. But I wear them all the time, cost per wear is there. I purchase my tanks with colors in mind so they will go with my cardigans too. I throw a little logo in there sometimes too. I am petite, 5"2' and about 105 lbs. It can be difficult to find some things in my size. I go by the host Amy. 

Honored Contributor

Claudette Colbert, in the Egg and I, had the most beautiful clothing. Also, anything the  Hollywood designer, Adrian,  designed ,was simply beautiful

I always loved Doris Day's clothing.  I like beautiful tailoring ,and wonderful natural fibers. I love the clothing Audrey Hepburn always wore. I think Givenchy was her designer

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Lady GaGa!!  btw....i'm 68......lol!

She came to mind when I opened this thread. I'll go with Miley Cyrus.

Esteemed Contributor

@brewhaha wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

Lady GaGa!!  btw....i'm 68......lol!

She came to mind when I opened this thread. I'll go with Miley Cyrus.

how about if we go on tour together!!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@ECBG.  I am with you all the way K. Hepburn and Ralph Lauren runway clothes - love them.

@dulwichHoney, they can "cat walk" ALL the way into my closet!Smiley Happy

The only change I would make is "I'd wear a bra!!!!"!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love the clothes Jennifer Lopez wears on her TV show Shades of Blue.