Honored Contributor

Who would you like to dress like?

Let me explain by saying, I think Kathryn Hepburn had it right.  Pants and comfy/casual yet not sloppy.  

That's all I mean.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Who would you like to dress like?

Audrey HepburnSmiley Happy

But I also love and admire Dolly Parton though I wouldn't be able to pull off how she looks!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

loved the styles of late 30's and 40's.......probably Bette Davis ......she styled alot of elegant and also casual outfits in her time...........loved the evening gowns they wore...and she had some great suits.....and in other times she wore stylish pants outfits.....

Respected Contributor

I don't want to dress like anyone else but myself. If I like something, I wear it. Gone are the days of pleasing or conforming to anyone but myself and DH.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

I don't want to dress like anyone else but myself. If I like something, I wear it. Gone are the days of pleasing or conforming to anyone but myself and DH.

@reiki604

Absolutely agree.  I have my own style.  

Honored Contributor

Joan Watson on the old Elementary episodes.  This year they have her in severe suits and ties.  Hate the look. 

Honored Contributor

I dress to suit myself and DH and have a wide array of colors in my closet.  I love pants and comfortable jackets.  Today's fads are not part of my wardrobe.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I admire several women's styles that I see, from the 40's thru to today.  I look at old photos of my mother during the Harlem Renaissance and I am blown away by her incredible beauty and style even back then.

But I have never wanted to dress like anyone, or have anyone in mind for my own style.  Conversely, what I have always strived to do was emulate their attitude of dressing for themselves and being wonderfully confident in expressing themselves in their fashion. 

That's what I take away, that sense of doing it all for me and no one else.  I never dress like anyone else.

Honored Contributor

I like the style of princess Kate.I would want to wear some jeans at times though.

Honored Contributor

I’ve always dressed conservatively. Easy, no fuss clothes. I was tall and lanky, no bust, a waistline with hip bones noticeable because of flat tummy until 30.  So I never developed a style.

I love the clean lines of ankle pants, SG tank top w/boyfriend jacket or sweater.

Easy care, easy wear clothes are my style.