Esteemed Contributor

Who turned the heat off in Florida?

I am freezing.  I have icicles coming out of my nose.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Who turned the heat off in Florida?

I think we're in for a COLD winter - got our first snow on the ground here in Indiana - last couple of years here we've had a very mild December - hardly any snow at all and warmer days - it's freezing here and getting even colder next week - I don't think I can handle this through Feb/March. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe - The same person who apparently reached all the way up to SC and turned it off, lol. Its going into the 20's tonight and only the 40's tomorrow - BRRR

Esteemed Contributor

Trust me Chicago's much worse

cold

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I think we're in for a COLD winter - got our first snow on the ground here in Indiana - last couple of years here we've had a very mild December - hardly any snow at all and warmer days - it's freezing here and getting even colder next week - I don't think I can handle this through Feb/March. 

@hoosieroriginal  Seriously I understand.  I grew up in Pa.  I hated it.  I moved here 14 yrs ago and it is the best thing I ever did. Stay warm!  I have so many clothes on I can't move.  I feel like a Mummy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@BalletBabe - The same person who apparently reached all the way up to SC and turned it off, lol. Its going into the 20's tonight and only the 40's tomorrow - BRRR

@riley1  I think it is rude of them don't you?   The only good thing about Florida, is it will be 80 again in a few days.  I feel for you!

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi  LOL  oh my keep warm.  

@hopi wrote:

Trust me Chicago's much worse

cold

Honored Contributor

Boil a pot of water to add humidity (helps complections and furniture too) and add a stick of cinnamon and/or fruit peelings.

Honored Contributor

I don't need an Artic chill to be comfortable but I hate,  hate warm winter weather.   Did a February Caribbean cruise and could hardly wait to get home.   Rode home from the airport in Philly with the window open.   I think what we get in Albuquerque is just about perfect,  although it has gotten down to as low as - 14° (that's minus) since I've lived here.   Very unusual. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't need an Artic chill to be comfortable but I hate,  hate warm winter weather.   Did a February Caribbean cruise and could hardly wait to get home.   Rode home from the airport in Philly with the window open.   I think what we get in Albuquerque is just about perfect,  although it has gotten down to as low as - 14° (that's minus) since I've lived here.   Very unusual. 

@Kachina624  I am total opposite.  I love the warm humid air. When I lived in Pa and it would get hot and humid , everyone would be complaining how hot it was, and I loved it.  THe last thing my mother said to me before she passed was "I am so cold"  She was always cold like me.  That stuck with me and that is when I decided to leave.  

My father (Iloved him dearly) but he was so cheap, he would sit watching TV with his coat and hat on.  Funny thing is that he wasn't poor.