Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who turned the heat off in Florida?

Because Florida is a melting pot and we get all kinds!

If you were going to be a direlect would you rather be on the streets of Philly or Sarasota, Florida?

Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Because Florida is a melting pot and we get all kinds!

If you were going to be a direlect would you rather be on the streets of Philly or Sarasota, Florida?

Actually neither.  I would find a way to get to Hawaii and live happily ever after.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the colder weather. Hate the summer and would hate living in Florida in the winter.Too damm hot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read something in the paper recently along the lines of "neither Floridians or manatees can tolerate temperatures below 65 degrees" and it made me chuckle. I'm on one of the Gulf barrier islands near Sarasota and it rarely gets as cold as it can get inland. I have gotten a good laugh from the TV weather people when they tell people to "bundle up" when it's 60 degrees. I'm headed home for a bit soon and am not looking forward to the below zero wind chills! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

you could say the same about the Los Angelse area. I hate to see my gas bill. I have to have the heat on in the house near 80. Maybe I better look into better inslulation.

Super Contributor

Cherry, I think it's because population wise, florida is much much more dense that Pennsylvania in general.
Honored Contributor

I'm in c break Florida & haven't turned the heat on yet. I've wrapped up in a throw a few times but that is it. It's a bit warm this week for my liking.