Honored Contributor

Re: Who loves Hallmark Christmas movies.

love these movies and always watch!!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I really enjoy them. Curl up with a mug of hot chocolate in front of the fireplace and escape. The scenery is always beautiful, the homes, the winter fashions, I love it all. They represent a world I wish we lived in. And, I appreciate the true meaning of Christmas. 

Trusted Contributor

I also love them after getting hooked last Xmas season.  The only one I didn't care for was the When Calls the Heart one, I'm still not a fan of the show.

You can make a drinking game while watching them everytime a Festival is mentioned, there is a Tree lighting or they drink hot cocoa.  Yes they are predictable but are also good wholesome entertainment.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy greatly as a whole. I am however disappointed that some repeated multiple times and others are single shot(or so it seems). I need to control my watching!
Respected Contributor

I enjoy most but some are seeming like repetitive plots. My favorite is The Christmas card. Maybe from 2006/2007.  They show it several times a year. Can’t seem to keep up with 16 + new ones per year.  I like the older ones. I enjoy them and watch some.  I guess all the Lori Laughlin ones will not be repeated this year.  But then, I’m a Christmas nut.  I know. . . I know.

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

I enjoy most but some are seeming like repetitive plots. My favorite is The Christmas card. Maybe from 2006/2007.  They show it several times a year. Can’t seem to keep up with 16 + new ones per year.  I like the older ones. I enjoy them and watch some.  I guess all the Lori Laughlin ones will not be repeated this year.  But then, I’m a Christmas nut.  I know. . . I know.

@lynnie61  The Christmas Card is one of my favorite movies! You're right, it was made back in 2006. I'll never get sick of watching it. The lovely scenery and that house .....so cozy and inviting. 

I bought the DVD several years ago figuring that sooner or later they'll stop airing it. 

Image result for the christmas card

Respected Contributor

@lmt  a few years ago I did copy it and save on a dvd.  Loved the house and enjoyed Ed Asner in it.  One of my all time favorite movies.  

Respected Contributor

I love the Hallmark Christmas movies. Some of them are very good, others not so much. I have my favorites and most of them are from a few years ago. 

The only two movies I really liked last year were A Godwink Christmas and A Veteran's Christmas. I was really disappointed in the rest.

Hallmark has announced that there will be 40 brand new Christmas movies this year on the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, starting October 25.

Forty movies - that's alot of movies. The bad thing about that is all my favorite movies will not be shown as much.

Every year they start playing Christmas movies earlier and earlier. I remember when they began on November 1. If they keep making more and more movies every year, they'll have to start playing them right after Labor Day, LOL!!!  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Me ! Me ! Me ! Of course I wish I could live somewhere it never gets colder than the 70's and be safe from crazy storms.

Respected Contributor

My favorite is " It's That Time Of The Year " With Uncle Ralph, Morgan, Brian, and Jen. Not a fan of Richard Jen's weird Boyfriend . Glad so broke her engagement , I couln't figure that she would marry someone that didn't even know her little boy. And of course Skip the turtle.