Respected Contributor

Re: Who loves Hallmark Christmas movies.

In small doses because that so-called perfect world never existed and wasn’t the norm for many (any?). We have a habit of remembering only what we want to remember about the past.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
In small doses because that so-called perfect world never existed and wasn’t the norm for many (any?). We have a habit of remembering only what we want to remember about the past.

@bikerbabe   Yup.........I remember my grandma saying how much bigger and better everything was in "the old country."    If I told you WHERE she came from, you'd fall of your chair laughing(!!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Yuck. Not a fan at all! Hallmark movies are all the same movies with different actors. BORING.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Hallmark Christmas movies- I can take'em or leave'em. Some are just too ooey-gooey (sorry).

Give me Funny Farm or Christmas Vacation anytime of the year.

Go VOLS
Valued Contributor

I'm in. My favorite is "Grandpa for Christmas" with Ernest Borgnine, Juliette Goglia, Katherine Helmond, Tracy Nelson and Jamie Farr. They only showed it, I think, once last year. I like the older movies better. I've already seen ads for a new one with Scott Wolf and Kristen Chenowith.

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

Hallmark Christmas movies- I can take'em or leave'em. Some are just too ooey-gooey (sorry).

Pot of Flower HeartsPot of Flower Hearts

@Suziepeach, it has made my day to see you posting again, welcome back! I can't tell you how much you've been missed around the forums, I hope all is well with you and your family.HeartSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LifeIsGood wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

Pot of Flower HeartsPot of Flower Hearts

@Suziepeach, it has made my day to see you posting again, welcome back! I can't tell you how much you've been missed around the forums, I hope all is well with you and your family.HeartSmiley Happy

@LifeIsGood , thank you.

Go VOLS
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yuk.  Just yuk.  MONTHS of it - 24 hours a day.  I lose the mystery movies to this all encompassing nonsense.

Esteemed Contributor

They are ok in a pinch for something to watch.....they typically all follow the same story line, just a different storyline.

Honored Contributor

I was new to the Hallmark channel last fall and I recorded a gazillion of the Christmas movies as I hadn’t seen any of them before. 

I’m still working my way through them, along with some of the regular movies and new releases. 

I have a lot of stress in my life. Watching the Hallmark movies is a relaxing escape. Most of them are dorky but I enjoy them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?