Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is the strongest person you know?

I would say my husband.  He is my rock and when I was ill a few years ago with breast cancer, he was by my side every step of the way.  He tends to be an emotional type of person but never lost it once in my presence and took care of everything.  It was more difficult for him than me and he always had a smile.......I'm very fortunate.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I think that each of us is the strongest person that we know....we can never really experience anothers' challenges and only we know our own trials.

When I read this title, I immediately thought, “ME”..then paused.

When I read your reply, I looked to the left & yep...that’s my 

‘sister’ @phoenixbrd!  It’s true...what’s easy for me might be difficult 

for someone else. 

Respected Contributor

My brother-in-law.  He has the most even balanced personality and temperment of anyone I have ever met in my entire life.  

Honored Contributor

@heyhay57they do sound like very strong people

@heyhay57 wrote:

Tie between my daughter-in-law & her mom.  DIL has been waiting for a kidney for several years now; dialysis three times a week; been hospitalized several times for a variety of related issues.  Her mom is a breast cancer survivor, and she just loves life!  Celebrates every day as a precious gift.  I think they get their strength from each other!  i love them both dearly and pray for their health always.

.I hope that your dil gets her transplant and that her mom will be well too.It would be wonderful if  they could continue to enjoy life with good health.I hope that your prayers will be answered soon.

Honored Contributor

Wow, it's hard to choose.  I think it would have to be my mother, both my grandmothers, and one of my great grandmothers.  On the other hand....so was my Dad.  I just can't choose one....sorry.

Valued Contributor

My husband feared nothing and nobody...even moi!  Many times he created controversy and asked the nearly impossible of many with positive results more often than not.  Even with hearing a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer he lived his remaining six months with strength and dignity.  January first he has been gone nine years and missed as much today as then.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog We learn our best lessons from our role models...their actions touch us.  I'm sure you are living the fearless fierce life that your husband displayed. His legend lives on in you.   Much love.

@Gabidog wrote:

My husband feared nothing and nobody...even moi!  Many times he created controversy and asked the nearly impossible of many with positive results more often than not.  Even with hearing a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer he lived his remaining six months with strength and dignity.  January first he has been gone nine years and missed as much today as then.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter..............has had to face some serious issues in life and is the most beautiful person inside and out in spite of them.................

Honored Contributor

It may sound trite, but I never considered myself an emotionally strong person. When slapped in the face with situations where I had to step up, I surprised myself with how well I handled tasks at hand. We all have inner strength waiting to be called on. 

Honored Contributor

My Mother......She is 87 years old, in reasonably good health, has been through a lot, but still goes to church every Sunday, and sometime Bible Study on Wednesdays, goes to lunch once a month with her church group, goes out lunching and shopping with her good girlfriend at least once a week......

She is in good physical shape, but has been through a lot, Breast Cancer Survivor, Open Heart Surgery, now she is getting shots in her eyes due to macular degeneration(sp?)-she gets those  once a month...

She was married with 3 small children, all one year apart, and went through Nursing School, and at that time they only had one car, and my dad took it to work, so my Mom walked to the bus stop, and my grandmother babysat, so she could get through Nursing School....

This was back in the 50's........She has been through a lot, but is a True Survivor and Hero in my book. We are super close and I talk to her every night for at least 15-20 minutes.........She set the bar high but I hope to be as good of a mother and grandmother as she is......