Honored Contributor

The most basic question is not what is best, but who shall decide what is best. - Thomas Sowell

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Is Qualified To Say?

There is only one person qualified to determine what is best for me.  ME.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Last night on the 60 Minutes artificial intelligence report, the Google exec said they would be releasing this new powerful technology a bit at a time so the world can adapt to it.

Apparently we have no choice but to accept and adapt to their new business creation.

Honored Contributor

No - I don't agree with that at all.

I'm so tired of what is going on right now.  People who "think" they know what is best for all of us collectively and have no clue.  It's a power trip, a control thing.  Little by little, and really not so little, our choices and decisions are being taken away from us.  I always want the right to choose what is best for me.  We all make mistakes at times, but the most important and essential thing is that WE make the choice, WE make the mistake --- not someone making the choice for us.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

What is best can be subjective.  This quote assumes that there is a quintessential best.  A best is determined by the individual when you are discussing individual rights/decisions.  If you are discussing a fact, such as a numerical score (i.e., a test score) then there is a irrefutable best.  What is best for life decisions, is determined by the individual.

Honored Contributor

I know what is best for me!

a smiling sun to wish you a good day for this special Tuesday