Valued Contributor

I have two leather jackets that I never got a chance to wear. They are too small. What's the best way to sell them? Ebay? I don't have an account though. Any thoughts?

Respected Contributor

since they are still brand new, maybe a consignment shop? 

have any friends that might like them?

you could always do a ad in the shopper/nickle saver paper.  

personally we sell lots of stuff of craigslist, but clothing no matter how nice, is not a hot seller on the second hand market. 

Or you could take the tax deduction, and donate. 

Valued Contributor

You may want to try Poshmark. Lots of traffic on there for that type of product, more so than eBay.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

I recently heard about an App called Poshmark where you can buy and sell clothing and accessories. I have no experience with it, but maybe someone here has, or you could google it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Contributor

I have made quite a bit of money selling my unused or gently used clothing at local consignment shops. Much easier than trying to sell online.

Honored Contributor

I used to have an Ebay store many years ago and it's a lot of work to photograph & list your items.  You also have to figure out shipping...it can of course be done but when I sold some of my clothing (and accessories) recently I went to my local consignment shop.  I plan on using them again in the future.

Honored Contributor

Consignment shop.  Possibly, Craigslist.  Depends on how old they are, Etsy, sells vintage.  Yard sale, but you won't get much for them.  Ebay is a good one.  It isn't difficult to open an account...a bit more involved than buying.  

Honored Contributor

Go online (eBay, Craig’s List, etc) to get an idea what is the

market price.  I’m betting you’ll be shock of how little you’ll get

in return....even with never-worn items.  The marketplace is

just too saturated with resell. By the time it’s all said & done,

the profit margin is so small, donation might be a better choice. 

Respected Contributor

Before we moved I got rid of a TON of clothes, dresses, shoes and purses, some never worn (or worn once).

I did not have the time or energy to deal with online sales. 

I gave some items to a consignment store that sells items to raise money for breast cancer patients. 

Some items went to an animal charity to auction and the rest to a local ebay seller that was selling items to raise money for a local family in need.

I was happy to see it all go!

Respected Contributor

My grandkids use Facebook Marketplace quite a bit with good results.