Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

2 shows are listed on the main QVC channel, the first is labeled as clearance but the 2nd is not:  
Katrina Szish 02/19/2021 2AM-3AM

Bob Mackie Wearable Art Clearance - Fashion

and

Katrina Szish    

03/12/2021 2AM-3AM

Bob Mackie Wearable Art - Fashion 

----------------

I watched the show last night. I have always enjoyed Bob's shows. 

Love to hear how his designs are developed and his 'actress' stories. But Katrina talked way too much, like she was trying to show off her fashion knowledge. There were times when she went on and on and Bob was almost absent!

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@hennypenny I have 2 of Bob's silk blouses that are 20 years old,  and his silk pants too. They are beautiful and so well made. Nothing like the stuff Q sells now.

I have many of his early pieces, too, @hennypenny, including lovely silk blouses.  I wish QVC could have allowed the quality of his garments to remain as they were.   He probably feels the same way.  (sigh)  It's been quite a while since I purchased anything, but still I enjoy watching.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

2 shows are listed on the main QVC channel, the first is labeled as clearance but the 2nd is not:  
Katrina Szish 02/19/2021 2AM-3AM

Bob Mackie Wearable Art Clearance - Fashion

and

Katrina Szish    

03/12/2021 2AM-3AM

Bob Mackie Wearable Art - Fashion 

----------------

I watched the show last night. I have always enjoyed Bob's shows. 

Love to hear how his designs are developed and his 'actress' stories. But Katrina talked way too much, like she was trying to show off her fashion knowledge. There were times when she went on and on and Bob was almost absent!

@corita,  I watched, too.  (The recorded presentation is available online, for those who might want to see it.)   

I enjoy Katrina's shows, even added them to the "reminders" so I'd know when they were coming up and I do that with only a few QVC shows including Bob's.   

Even so, I agree with you about this one.   I wondered if it was related to that pesky delay with the video skype process, but whatever it was we didn't get to hear as much as we normally do from the delightful Bob Mackie.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Occasional Contributor
I’m w/ you! I have been buying his clothes ever since I found the Q. Such beautiful colors & designs. His black wide leg pull on pant is my absolute wardrobe staple! He made a basic black v-neck faux wrap top a long time ago that is the best I’ve ever worn; wish I had purchase two or three! It looks great w/ the pants or under a jacket.He’s clothes have always made me feel beautiful even when I wasn’t; he taught me how to make the simplest outfit flattering. He’s so right about presenting yourself to the world; it takes the same amount of time to put on black pants & a pretty Mackie top as it does to throw on a sweatshirt & jeans. I rarely leave the house w/o some Bob Mackie design on. (Even around the house, it’s Bob’s maxi dresses.) This man is the most gracious person on QVC. I’ll miss him if they phase out his line.Love you, Bob! (Reno)
Super Contributor

It's so sad that all the great fashion designers are gone from QVC.

George Simonton, loved his clothes still have some of his blouses, Louis Dell'Olio

loved his designs too and I also still have his blouses as well, and The Great Bob Mackie, hope he is not gone for good!   Chloe Dao had  a beautiful boutique one of a kind style of clothing that she bought to qvc.  QVC had great designers years ago and they all bought  their own design style.  Today all the styles are repeated over and over from all the designers.  They are Not bringing anything new or fresh.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe he is ready to retire and just relax and enjoy life, he surely can afford to do it.

He is 82 and with the pandemic it may have been the right time for him to slow down.

Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

I have lovely silk blouses from Bob's line. They must be close to thirty years old and just like new.

The Q has now become the plastic bottle pajama capital of the world.

Cuddlduds, Peace, Love, etc. and Muk Luks.