Honored Contributor

Louis Dell'Olio said Bob Mackie was let go, as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like watching Bob Mackie....and I have purchased from him in the past and loved eveything I got.

The last year and a half, I didn't find anything that I really liked.

Esteemed Contributor

He'll be gone like George Simonton (who is dearly missed). The only guarantees on the Q are lines they own like Susan Graver and Denim & Co. (which to me are tired lines of clothing). 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Kachina624  I second your idea that Bob might well be ready to retire or maybe just to scale back. Is he the oldest of QVC’s vendors?

@millieshops 

stan herman is the oldest.....91

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 TY. I should have remembered Stan.  He’s one of the few vendors I have met in person.  He was doing a trunk show;  weirdly I can picture him, I remember the robe he encouraged me to buy, can even picture the sales floor,  but I’m not sure what chain I was in.  

In person, he is just easy to shop with as we see him onair.

Trusted Contributor

Bob Mackie's clothes on the Q have gone downhill in the past few years. He used to have beautiful silks and all of his designs were top quality. Now everything is polyester and some of his designs are bizarre.  His line, like Dennis Basso's and Louis's, have been cheapened over the years to fit QVC's price guidelines. It's no surprise that he is being phased out. Dennis will probably be the next to go. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Louis Dell'Olio said Bob Mackie was let go, as well.  

Didn't they use the same manufacturer, who apparently retired?

Respected Contributor

I have lovely silk blouses from Bob's line. They must be close to thirty years old and just like new.

The Q has now become the plastic bottle pajama capital of the world.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is Bob Mackie?

[ Edited ]

2 shows are listed on the main QVC channel, the first is labeled as clearance but the 2nd is not:  

Katrina Szish 02/19/2021 2AM-3AM

Bob Mackie Wearable Art Clearance - Fashion

and

Katrina Szish    

03/12/2021 2AM-3AM

Bob Mackie Wearable Art - Fashion 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@hennypenny I have 2 of Bob's silk blouses that are 20 years old,  and his silk pants too. They are beautiful and so well made. Nothing like the stuff Q sells now.