Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone. I was just looking on QVC.com for Bob Mackie items and saw that most all items are on clearance and there are only 98 items. That's small in comparison to the pages and pages there used to be. Is he being let go also by the Q? I looked on Hsn for Slinky brand and there were very few items, all listed as discounted and sold out. Looks like Slinky is history on HSN and I hope Bob Mackie doesn't disappear. I enjoy the colors and patterns from both ot these design collections and both have been on their channels for almost 30 years. Does anyone know what's up? Take care all and stay safe.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is Bob Mackie?

[ Edited ]

Nobody ever knows about these things as QVC never makes any announcements.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bob isn't ready to retire plus people aren't in the mood to buy sequins and sparkly, party clothes.  The last couple of things I ordered were poor quality, a far cry from what I've gotten from Bob in the past.

Slinky has been gone from HSN for quite some time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Leah had a Bob Mackie top on clearance in her special AM Style show this morning.  Bob Mackie was not on Skype or phone.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I second your idea that Bob might well be ready to retire or maybe just to scale back. Is he the oldest of QVC’s vendors?

Respected Contributor

He'll be 81 next month. Probably time to retire. He's had an incredible career. I never liked hs line for QVC. Thought it was dated and looked like 'old lady' clothes.

Honored Contributor

He's on his 80's and his line hasn't really changed in a decade or more.  It would not surprose me if he retires soon or if QVC drops his line.  

Honored Contributor

I've always enjoyed watching him and his shows. I'll miss seeing him if he goes. 

Super Contributor

I have been shopping Bob Mackie at QVC almost since the beginning. i only own a couple tops with sequins or sparkles.  Everything else is fashion forward. Unique color palettes and designs. Compared to other designers his sizing is consistent and the quality is very good. I have been pleased with most everything I've gotten. Few if any exceptions. If he retired i would hope his right hand man, (whose name escapes me) would take over. (like joan rivers friend did.) and continue the brand. I can't imagine no more Mackie clothes at QVC. I'd be devastated.  

Contributor

I wondered where he was for the "spring fashion weekend" never saw him. I have a few of his tops, blouses & kimono that he had from last year. He deservs to retire but I'd miss him, he always has so many great stories to tell.

Trusted Contributor

When Bob was on a month or two ago from Palm Springs, he said he wasn't on again until next year.  So sometime soon, I hope!